MI and Data Lead
The Retail Supply Development team work within the Boots Supply Chain function to lead development and innovation projects on behalf of the Retail Supply teams and wider supply chain area.
About the opportunity
• Learn and understand Retail Supply and Supply Chain processes
• Work with Supply Category teams to define, prioritise and articulate requirements to the wider business
• Represent the Supply Chain Function whilst Collaborating with other functions and roles across the business
• Business engagement for new developments delivered by the Development Team
• Provide updates and communication to stakeholders for in-flight projects
• Provide data and reporting to support with generating project business cases and once live monitoring their success
• Champion and become an SME of the projects you are involved in
• Create training material to land projects with end users
• Supply System Administration as required
• Ability to learn and understand processes end to end and be able to articulate the impact of any potential changes
• Comfortable working with multiple different systems and can learn new systems quickly
• Advanced Excel: Including Pivot Tables, and logical formulas
• General Project Management skills e.g. planning
• Be comfortable communication with a wide range of stakeholders including senior leaders.
• Excellent Stakeholder Management Skills with people at all levels
• Able to hold people to account in order to hit deliverables
• A High attention to detail
• Demonstrable Business Analysis skills: can translate business needs to technical requirements and vice-versa
• Be able to gain insights from data and present them in a way which is easy for people of all levels to understand
• Basic SQL knowledge or an interest in learning
• Basic Power BI knowledge or an interest in learning
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.Smith-Kenny@boots.co.uk
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions