Master Data Specialist
Secondment / Fixed Term Contract – 12 Months
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Master Data Specialist at Boots UK, the UK’s leading pharmacy-led Health and Beauty retailer. With around 2,500 stores ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise. For over 170 years Boots UK have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
About the opportunity
Join the Master Data Centre of Excellence team whose principal responsibilities are the timely, accurate and controlled management of master data. The Master Data Specialist role will be focusing on the delivery of a new Product Management Information (PIM) system. This fast paced role is to support the project with meeting all milestones to their delivery date.
This is an opportunity to work in a great, fast paced team with lots support and opportunities to develop. In supporting the delivery of the PIM system, you will have exposure to numerous departments across the business and be a key element in driving a major change for the business. The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Master Data subject matter expert responsible for aiding with the design and implementation of the PIM project from a business teams viewpoint
- Cleansing activity for existing article data
- Writing test scripts, completing user acceptance and regression testing
- Provide support to queries regarding data feeds by building sufficient systems knowledge alongside IT and other technical teams
- Support with the training and the creation of guidance documentation for all end users of the new PIM system
- Previous experience in the delivery of projects, ideally article data related
- Positive attitude, ability to deal with last minute requests and queries
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business and comfortable to challenge
- Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to learn new technical concepts at pace
- Self-motivator, confident and able to use initiative to create and/or seek out solutions
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload alongside good time management
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions