We are now looking for a talented Estates Manager to join the team. The successful candidate will have good all-round property experience, commercial acumen, a strong customer focus and a high level of drive and self-motivation to succeed in a fast paced, challenging environment.
There’s always a commercial opportunity to consider and it’s the mix of retail & pharmacy operations, location, premium beauty brands, store configuration and operational costs to balance and ultimately deliver best value.
The 286 acre Boots main operational site is also a property development site where both commercial and residential development is happening and has happened – managing the balance of developing property to create value and safeguarding the operations is a key balancing act
About the opportunity
Based in our Nottingham support office, the Estates Team operates as a valued consultant to the business, working particularly closely with the wider Property, Finance, Legal, Procurement, and Retail & Pharmacy Operation teams. We advise across a large, mature portfolio with significant opportunities to add and return value year-on-year
• Working closely with both the business and others in the property team as part of the Commercial team
• Examining the options to create value from the freehold portfolio and dealing with both trading and non-trading portfolio
• Acquisition and development of our retail space
• Managing external suppliers including property agents, legal advisors, engineers and other professional advisors to be able to deliver value for money property solutions to the Boots Business
• Leading negotiations, with legal support where necessary, against third parties to secure the best commercial terms
• Bringing forward business cases for approval that change the occupation of property for the commercial sides of the business – managing the end to end approval process
• A fully qualified chartered surveyor with significant post qualified experience
• A strong communicator that operates as an expert, and is credible and experienced in dealing with very senior stakeholders
• Self motivated and results driven to prioritise and meet deadlines with a high level of integrity, trust and able to act with autonomy.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions