About the opportunity
We’re looking for a Mid-Weight UX Product Designer to join our growing User Experience (UX) team at Boots. As a Product Designer your role is essential to researching and designing best in class user experiences for future digital products and services at Boots.
You’ll span the breadth of the user centred product design process, from initial research and concepts, right through to detailed designs and handover to the development team. You’ll work closely with UX Leads, Product Managers, Scrum Team and Optimisation Team to ensure successful communication of insights and designs. Our working policy within Boots Digital is a flexible hybrid working policy, that ensures we get the work done wherever works for us.
Please provide a portfolio or sample of work with your application, that showcases your approach to design and problem solving.
About the role
• UX strategy & roadmap: Ensuring all user experiences balance the needs of the user, the goals of the business and the technical feasibility. Proactively fuelling the product backlog and roadmap via user centric research, ideation and validation. Staying current with emerging technology, industry best practices and design trends/patterns, thinking about how these can be applied to our business.
• UX discovery tasks: User research, heuristic reviews, competitor/comparative reviews, analytics and insights analysis, customer missions and mindsets, persona needs, omnichannel reviews, stakeholder workshops, experience mapping and problem statements.
• UX design production tasks: User journey maps, interaction flows, sitemaps, sketches, wireframes, visual designs, high and low fidelity interactive prototypes, user testing, stakeholder sign off, accessibility specs, development specs and design QA testing.
• Cohesive & consistent UX: Work within our User Centred Design (UCD) process, experience principles and design language, contributing and evolving these where appropriate. Ensuring global experience coherency, accessibility compliance and all channels/touchpoints are considered throughout.
• Experience & education: A UX or product design background, with 2-5 years UX product design experience in a similar role, ideally in a B2C business. Degree in HCI, interactive/multimedia design, computer science or equivalent is beneficial.
• UX product design skills: Superb user centric product design skills and experience, with the ability to span the breadth of the User Centred Design (UCD) process. Confident and experienced in all UX discovery research and UX design production tasks listed above, with a portfolio or sample of existing work to demonstrate your latest projects and represent your thinking process. Proficient using industry standard tools, such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, XD, InVision and Jira.
• Accessibility & Design systems: Must have experience designing for WCAG (AA) accessibility standards compliance. Beneficial to have worked within a design system and brand guidelines/design language. Experience in responsive design and app design beneficial.
• Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communicator. Able to articulate design decisions with the ability to storytell, pitch and influence in a language appropriate for your audience.
• Soft skills: Proactive, self-motivated, collaborative and curious to learn. Able to manage time and workload across multiple projects in parallel. Familiarity with agile and lean methodologies is beneficial.
Benefits of being part of the Boots UX team:
● Be part of the high performing, talented and caring team, who are responsible for designing Boots future digital experience.
● Opportunity to develop practitioner skill set through coaching and mentoring from fellow UX practitioners with a variety of experience and backgrounds.
● The mix of being in the retail and healthcare sectors, with an omnichannel presence and an established brand, offers diverse and stretching portfolio worthy design projects. Learn more here.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions