Global Assistant Product Manager – Skincare
As an Assistant Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing & delivering the product strategy and 3-Year product pipeline. You’ll lead the end-to-end product development to deliver these plans, from creating compelling, consumer-led concepts through to delivering the finished product on shelf.
Excitingly, you’ll experience, help shape & deliver the product strategy and portfolio for a ‘new brand’, with a unique business model within the expert skincare category.
Reporting to the Global Product Manager you will work cross-functionally with your colleagues in the technical, regulatory & product delivery teams to bring your products, and their associated claims, to life in the most compelling way. You’ll build strong relationships with the marketing and commercial teams to activate your products, delivering, shaping and growing brands with a global mindset
About the opportunity
1. Strategic thinking & planning
• Work hand in hand with the brand team to translate the brand strategy into product propositions and execute best in class engagement and sell-in with markets.
• Continuously seek to build deeper understanding of the skincare category, core competitors & our consumer’s needs.
• Support in the development of a 3-year product strategy & pipeline, centred on our brand concept tailored perfectly to our consumer’s needs.
2. NPD Delivery
• You will take ownership of the end to end product development on your projects, from concept creation through to ensuring the on-time delivery and sufficiency of the product plans.
• Execute the NPD with excellence by creating brilliant detailed product briefs that deliver against the brand & channel strategy and own the delivery of these with cross functional teams
• Progress projects through the stage gate process while working hand in hand with commercial teams at each stage
• Ensure full alignment of the projects with Product manager, Senior PM, Global brand team including Brand Director, as well as market relevant commercial teams through all stages of product development
3. Stakeholder Management
• Effective matrix working with multiple cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders and peers to ensure activities are delivered on time and to a high standard with approval and buy-in at key decision points.
• Create and maintain effective and internal and external
4. Market Performance
• Ensure ongoing utilisation of performance data, consumer, competitor and trend insight to support the development of the plans.
• You’ll be responsible for mapping market & category trends and opportunities, translating macro trends into micro product attributes across packaging, formulation, fragrance, claims & design.
• Passionate about product development, beauty and skincare.
• Extensive experience in product development experience working in an FMCG environment (Skincare experience beneficial, not essential).
• Experience of managing multiple product development projects simultaneously, working cross functionally to deliver
• You have experience in writing product briefs that deliver against brand strategy and own the delivery of these plans with cross functional teams.
• Strong commercial acumen and business case management.
• You have an understanding of manufacturing and production methods of the category.
• A proactive, self-starting individual with a collaborative working style, who can demonstrate high levels of attention to detail, delivering to deadlines, being agile when working under pressure & who thrives on building and maintaining relationships.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions