A wonderful opportunity for an experienced Sourcing or Procurement professional operating at buyer level to join our Global Sourcing team within the EU Sourcing division in Nottingham. The role offers hybrid working and will involve some international travel when current restrictions allow.
About the opportunity
As a buyer in the Boots brand team you will be responsible for the performance of your own categories/ technologies within the Boots brand portfolio and will report into a Buying Manager who has a broader area of responsibility. You will be part of the EU sourcing team with responsibility for suppliers operating in that region.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accountable for driving profit enhancement, cost savings
- Support the development and optimisation of a supply base which enables differentiated New Product Development (NPD)
- Support the management of on-going vendor relationships and supplier performance
- Ensure regular supplier meetings takes place and implement improvement strategies with suppliers
- Supports supplier selection criteria through performing the initial research and provide input in the selection of suppliers in collaboration with a cross-functional team
- A strong cross functional player with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience managing negotiations for spend categories >$5m million dollars ideally on a global level
- Experience implementing category sourcing strategies with a proven track record of delivering exceptional results
- Knowledge of the strategic sourcing/procurement lifecycle and procurement best practices
- Experience working with Profit & Loss (P&L) concepts, such as revenue, COGS, gross profit margin, operating expenses and cash flow with a view to identifying and delivering profit enhancement opportunities
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why WBA Global Sourcing
Our sourcing team brings a broad and diverse range of products to life for our retailers, brands and most importantly, our customers.
Our global sourcing operation is the power behind WBA’s retailers and brands.
Our team of more than 400 people are located throughout Asia, the UK, Mexico and the U.S., putting us at the heart of the markets we serve and close to our suppliers. The combination of the team’s expertise and the breadth and diversity of our supplier base enables WBA Global Sourcing to bring to life an extraordinarily broad range of products from beauty and healthcare, to groceries and toys, with a specialty in the development of owned brand and consumer brand products.
With a razor-sharp focus on product quality, the Global Sourcing team supports delivery against our ambitious WBA sustainability targets through initiatives such as packaging reduction and the eradication of single-use plastic. We also reduce the volume of goods shipped around the world by manufacturing products locally in the regions where they will be sold. Critically, we ensure we only work with suppliers that consistently demonstrate compliance with our ethical sourcing requirements.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions