Overview of the role:
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team at the heart of Boots UK’s growth plans, as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The eCommerce Trading Lead is part of the eCommerce team, responsible for day to day trade of their specific categories and how they show up on boots.com, to achieve stretching growth targets.
About the opportunity:
• Responsible for the day to day trading and how your categories show up across boots.com, to drive the total boots.com revenue and profit targets, and our market share ambitions
• Be seen as the expert in your category, holding a clear and detailed understanding of the drivers for the category and the market, with insight about how to drive conversion and increase customer acquisition
• Delivery of new product launches, salesplan, online trade plan and owning the digital strategy for your categories.
• Managing multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure your categories are appropriately supported
• Supporting development initiatives and process improvements, ensuring that ecommerce trading and customer requirements are captured.
• Responsible for legal and safe trade of own categories online and delivery of KPIs
• Trading experience with strong financial acumen, able to analyse, interpret and articulate financial performance
• Understanding of online trading levers and performance marketing – confident in using data and insight to drive performance and in building and delivering plans
• Willing to push boundaries and take calculated risks to gain a competitive advantage
• Excellent internal and external stakeholder management – confident engaging, influencing and holding to account team, peers, senior stakeholders and third parties (e.g. product suppliers)
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles. We do accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions