Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The Assistant Planning Manager is an exciting role in the eCommerce team, responsible for the delivery of the boots.com trading or events plan, and organising the implementation of activities to deliver the plan. We are looking at candidates that could work across either our trade plan process or executing the Boots events program online.
About the role:
• Supporting the implementation of activities (e.g. points, events Christmas campaign or sale) to enable Boots.com to deliver all of its stretching targets
• Championing our customers to ensure the plan offers them the best experience and value at every touchpoint
• Ensuring all key activities are completed on time and analysed to drive continuous improvement
• Collaborates with key stakeholders around the customer journey for events and campaigns
• Analyses and monitors performance of specific activities and identifies insight-led opportunities for improvement, to become experts in which activities drive the best results for our digital channels, and to continuously improve the plan
• Managing stakeholders and peers across the team on the total plan for boots.com
• Experience using data to draw insight and identify trends and opportunities to improve conversion and engagement
• Our ideal candidate should have a natural customer-first mentality to problem solving, and will have a strong understanding of the entire customer lifecycle
• Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously to ensure delivery on time of consecutive or overlapping activities
• Able to deal effectively with working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Someone who is confident in feeding back the plans, willing to challenge and speaking to large groups of people
• Sets high standards for themselves and their team
• Cross functional working, a focus on brilliant delivery and relationship building are key as you will be working with a broad set of stakeholders
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions