Working as a member of the Digital Product Management Team, you will play a key role in the delivery of Boots’ Digital Transformation agenda. Putting the customer at the heart of all we do and with a focus on value delivery, you will be shaping and delivering the digital product vision, roadmap and subsequent development across our digital channels.
The Product Manager owns their product from inception and throughout the product lifecycle. They represent the ‘voice of the customer’ through the lifecycle by bringing knowledge of the Product’s vision, domain and users. Monitoring its performance and development, they promote the delivery of maximum value.
• Supports the definition of Product Strategy and Vision aligned to overall business outcomes and objectives.
• Manages development of Product Roadmaps within area of ownership, ensuring consideration for customer, business and technology needs.
• Analyses market and industry trends, using external and internal insights to inform your product roadmap and to identify innovations that meet customer needs and generate value for the business.
• Communicates Product updates, successes and value with relevant business stakeholders
• Monitor key measures and metrics to manage the performance of your products throughout their lifecycle.
• Supports in developing business cases for roadmap activities.
• Manages prioritisation and refinement of items in the product backlog, maximising value delivery
• Builds relationships with key colleagues including User Experience, Optimisation, Programme Management, IT and others, in support of the successful delivery of your products.
• Represents the Product Management Team at relevant development ceremonies, such as PI Planning and sprint demos.
• Manages alignment between product development and business objectives, working with stakeholders to ensure successful product releases.
• Actively promotes the team and acts as an advocate of the Product discipline within the organisation.
A bit about you:
• You are an experienced Product Manager or Owner with demonstrable experience across a variety of Products or Domains.
• You are a digital advocate with an interest in current trends in digital development and omni-channel retail
• Data driven and customer focussed, you are a strong communicator and team player
• You demonstrate great attention to detail, while keeping sight of the bigger picture.
• Proactive, independent and self-starting, you are adept at building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• You understand technical aspects of product development, working closely with IT colleagues
• Familiar with digital development approaches and agile delivery principles, ideally in a scaled agile (SAFe) environment
• A passionate Product Professional, you will apply the discipline’s best practices and share your knowledge and experience with your teammates.
A bit about the team:
Boots has an exciting ambition to Transform our Digital and Omni-channel experience. The Digital Product Management team is at the heart of that ambition; focussed on delivering great experiences for our customers and growth for our business. We are a digital-first team with a broad remit, working on high profile initiatives within the organisation. We are fortunate to have great visibility and support from across Boots. As a team, we are committed to ongoing personal development to become the best Product Management function we can be.
This is a highly cross functional role, working with a wide variety of business areas to create great digital and omnichannel experiences. The right candidate will have the autonomy to drive the future direction of our Products and the team, and to progress within a dynamic and inclusive organisation.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions