Working as a member of the Digital Product Management Team you will play a key role in the delivery of Boots’ Digital Transformation agenda. Putting the customer at the heart of all we do and with a focus on value delivery, you will be shaping and delivering the digital product vision, roadmap and subsequent development across our digital channels.
The Lead Product Manager is an established Product Professional, leading a team of Product Managers and Product Owners in the delivery of a group of Products throughout their lifecycle. Consistently promoting best practice and engaging on behalf of the Product function across the organisation, they drive the vision, strategy and roadmap for Products under their management.
• Lead the definition of Product Strategy, Vision and Roadmaps aligned to overall business outcomes and objectives. Support definition of the go-to market strategy.
• Analyse market and industry trends, using external and internal insights to inform direction and to identify innovations that meet customer needs and generate value for the business.
• Engage with stakeholders at all levels, communicating product updates, successes and value, as well as securing alignment and support for key roadmap initiatives.
• Lead regular mid- and long- term roadmap activities informed by product and market insights as well as customer, business and technology needs.
• Define and monitor key measures and metrics to manage the performance of your products throughout their lifecycle. Uses data and insights to drive change through data-driven decisions
• Proactive in developing business cases for roadmap activities and securing funding in line with established processes.
• Builds strong relationships with key colleagues including User Experience, Optimisation, Programme Management, IT and others, in support of the successful delivery of your products.
• Leads for the Product Management Team at relevant development ceremonies, such as PI Planning
• Supports the team in the resolution of blocking issues, conflicts and challenges.
• Leads a team of Product Managers and Product Owners, supporting their wellbeing, personal and professional development and day-to-day activities.
• Actively promotes the team and acts as an advocate of the Product discipline within and outside the organisation.
A bit about you:
• You are an experienced Product Professional with demonstrable experience as a Product Owner and Manager across a variety of Products or Domains.
• You are a digital advocate with a keen interest in current trends in digital development and omni-channel retail
• Data driven and customer focussed, you are a strong communicator who can sell a vision
• Proactive, independent and self-starting, you are adept at building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
• You understand technical aspects of product development, working closely with IT colleagues
• A team player and leader, who can stay both energised and focussed within projects
• Familiar with implementing and optimising digital development approaches and agile delivery principles, including in a scaled agile (SAFe) environment
• A passionate Product Professional, you will bring the discipline’s best practices to the team and share your knowledge and experience with your teammates.
A bit about the team:
Boots has an exciting ambition to Transform our Digital and Omni-channel experience. The Digital Product Management team is at the heart of that ambition; focussed on delivering great experiences for our customers and growth for our business. We are a digital-first team with a broad remit, working on high profile initiatives within the organisation. We are fortunate to have great visibility and support from across Boots. As a team, we are committed to ongoing personal development to become the best Product Management function we can be.
This is a highly cross functional role, working with a wide variety of business areas to create great digital and omnichannel experiences. The right candidate will have the autonomy to drive the future direction of our Products and the team, and to progress within a dynamic and inclusive organisation.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions