Overview of the role:
As a Data Scientist, you’ll build quick-to-market AB tests and experiment solutions that drive innovation on Boots.com.
You’ll create beautiful experiences for our customers that rethink how a website should look, feel and act, and which have creativity at their core. What’s more, you’ll do this as part of a team. Applying your knowledge and expertise to help analysts, researchers and optimisation specialists transform customer insights and trends into live, on-site experiments. Together, this team will be responsible for generating significant value for both Boots and customer.
• Working closely with the UX Designers and Optimisation Specialists in the delivery of our AB testing and web personalisation roadmap
• Apply advanced statistical and analytical techniques to user experience problems
• Create predictive models to target users with altered digital experiences and 1-2-1 personalisation; and build data products to supplant or innovate the website experience which are robust and ready to use by our wider teams
• Analyse AB test results to get under the hood of what worked and what didn’t, looking for opportunities for fast iterations
• Be the go-to person for data science within the Optimisation team and to be able to translate and present complex statistical methods clearly to business stakeholders from the internal team up to the board level
• Proactively developing your data science skills to meet the project requirements and future direction of the business
• Strong Python or R programming skills are essential.
• Previous experience working as a Data Scientist in a retail or eCommerce sector.
• Confident in building predictive models from real-world data (potentially very large, unclean and unstructured datasets).
• Excellent knowledge of SQL and a good understanding of relational database architecture.
• Strong data visualisation skills using analytical software tools (Tableau, Power BI, Alteryx, etc).
• Familiar with REST APIs and JSON formatted data files.
• Knowledge of basic statistics is desirable.
• Experience using web analytics and tagging tools is desirable (GA360, Adobe Analytics, Acoustic Analytics, GTM, etc).
• Familiarity with AB tests, conversion rate optimisation and using insights to develop excellent customer experiences would be desirable.
• Keen eye for detail.
• Exceptional stakeholder management, collaboration and communications skills.
• Eagerness to question the status quo, push boundaries and not be afraid to challenge.
• Proactive, investigative mindset with an enthusiasm for experimentation and innovation.
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. This Data Science role sits within our Optimisation Team, where we focus on using data-driven methods, innovative ways of thinking and AB testing to deliver better experiences for our customers and drive business growth.
As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions