This is a Fixed Term Contract Maternity Cover 9 - 12 months
If beauty, big brands and big thinking are your thing and you’re ready for your next move in HR & Talent, then our team will be right up your street!
Reporting to the Head of Global Beauty Academy, you are responsible for the design and delivery of key strategic initiatives that contribute to the wider advisor strategy. You will do this by partnering cross functional teams in the UK, US, Rest of World and Liz Earle.
You will build credible relationships in order to successfully partner with senior stakeholders, including brand directors and market leaders. You will display strong business acumen and will stay close to the brand and business priorities to ensure we deliver the commercial and people ambitions across our Global Beauty Brands, retailers and markets.
Delivering agile solutions for the business in an omnichannel world will be fundamental to the success of the role. To do this you will need to understand the current retail landscape and will work with the business to understand and the opportunities that exist. You will need to lead the conversation on behalf of our retail teams to ensure the right outcome for the business.
Impact and contribution will be measured through the end to end management of each project on time and to budget. This will involve the stakeholder management of internal and external suppliers as well as the leadership of various functions to deliver each discreet project on time and to budget.
The role has accountability for key HR processes, including the attraction, selection, and recognition of our UK based people. To be successful you will need to ensure that the systems developed will recruit the best talent and retain them within the business.
The role will be responsible for creating timely data and insight that will inform the decisions taken by stakeholders across the wider business.
We’re looking for someone who can innovate ahead of the game and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Partner cross functional teams to lead on two key HR pillars (Attraction & Selection and Reward & Recognition) scoping, designing and delivering global initiatives to better deliver the overall strategic plan across the full retail population.
• Accountable for the analysis, development and building of strategic insights to shape the people agenda. Meet monthly with Retail leaders and business stakeholders to share these insights and develop recommendations on key opportunities and actions.
• Overall accountability for the Employee Value Proposition/Employer Brand for each Advisor led Global Beauty Brand, ensuring any external communication and campaign led activity is relevant, competitive and delivers return on investment.
• Lead the digitalisation of the recruitment and selection process, reducing time to hire, saving costs and increasing candidate capability.
• Establish what ‘gold standard’ retention looks like and identify the key levers to achieve this, with attention to market and retailer needs across each Global Beauty Brand.
• Ownership of the branded uniform offers for each of our Global Beauty Brands. Work cross functionally and with external suppliers to be the main contact and project manager for any workwear design development, engagement and deployment.
• Lead the partnership with the Commercial and Reward teams to develop a short- and long-term reward and recognition strategy for Beauty Advisors. Continually look for new and innovative ways to increase engagement and better reward high performance.
• Have clear visibility of the engagement levels through surveys and regular focus groups. Engage closely with the retail teams to understand and interpret this data in the context of each brand. Partner with the Global Communications & Engagement Manager on the overarching engagement strategy for our Beauty Advisors to design and deliver initiatives that further improve engagement.
• Lead the project management of all key projects and cross functional delivery. Safeguarding the effective management and delivery against pre-agreed targets, milestones and ambitions.
• Lead the thinking of the Brand and Innovation teams in order to actively support the omnichannel pipelines and thinking for key projects. You are the voice of retail in the omnichannel journey and the conduit between Advisor delivery and the innovative thinking. The role you play will support our commercial objectives whilst leveraging our people.
A bit about you
• You’ll have experience of working in a highly matrix organisation, managing stakeholders across a network of brands, retailers and markets
• You’ll be an authority on HR practices and experience of leading recruitment and talent initiatives
• You’re able to keep a cool head and juggle multiple projects and stakeholders while meeting tight deadlines. Ambiguity doesn’t bother you, in fact you relish the new, the different and the challenging
• You’ll have commercial acumen and a strong understanding of how to deliver commercial outcomes through the development of people
• Diverse and inclusive ways of working is in your DNA
• You’re passionate about all thing’s beauty and have a good knowledge of the role of a beauty advisor in a retail environment
• You’re used to managing projects end-to-end, from concept through to delivery. You have excellent people skills. You’re comfortable and confident managing lots of stakeholders and building big relationships
• You love being a part of a diverse group of people, leading on forward-thinking work and you’re happy to get stuck in and roll up your sleeves.
• You’ll be flexible in where you work, how you work and comfortable with managing fast-changing priorities
• You’re not afraid to speak your mind and diplomatically challenge the norm, even against the majority
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Generous staff discount scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions