Multi Skilled Engineer
Provide a full Planned Preventative Maintenance, breakdown response, repair and continuous improvement function to all Logistics Warehousing facilities. These include but not limited to automated pallet and tote box cranes, lifts, transfer cars and an extensive network of conveyor systems.
About the opportunity
• Reporting into an engineering shift leader job holder will work as part of a 7 man team providing engineering cover across multiple (linked) automated logistics facilities
• To be accountable for providing a full Planned Preventative Maintenance, breakdown response, repair and continuous improvement function to all Logistics Warehousing facilities
• Working largely unsupervised, The Job Holder is directly accountable for ensuring all Materials Handling Equipment and facilities achieve availability expectations to aid the warehouse deliver the optimum service at the optimum cost.
• To use expertise, experience and professionalism to make strong well informed decisions to prioritise tasks , always striving to ensure customer requirements are satisfied.
• The job holder works within the Engineering team and works collaboratively with the Engineering Management, Improvement Engineers, first line fixer Managers, Control Room and Operational teams.
• Work will be within the guidelines and constraints of all company, legislative and safety criteria.
• Continue to drive the warehouse on our No1 for Customer Care journey
• Ensuring all Preventive Maintenance, Inspections & repairs are completed within set deadlines
• Ensure world class standards in the warehouse (Security, Health and Safety, Regulatory compliance & Housekeeping)
• Development of strong relationships with key stakeholders to ensure service is meeting expectations and ensuring the engineering team is providing world class standards of service to our customers.
• Ensures the completion of accurate shift / breakdown reports. Raise CI initiatives to improve equipment availability.
• Time served apprentice with a minimum Level 3 qualification in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Ability to promote innovation across all working areas.
• Effective communication skills.
• Highly motivated with the ability to motivate others.
• Experience in a similar electro/mechanical engineering field.
• Ability to work at height
• Right first time approach to all works, striving to work efficiently with a strong desire for quality and pro-activeness.
• Additional experience in some of the following areas would be an advantage: Automation, risk assessments, continuous improvements, maintenance planning, Microsoft office
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions