About the opportunity
Passionate about making digital products customer-centric? Fascinated with human behaviour? You could be our next customer advocate who can help our product teams make insight led decisions to create user friendly products and services.
We’re looking for a proactive and curious user researcher to join our growing digital team. You’ll have the opportunity to work across healthcare and beauty as we work with our product teams to build a more customer driven product lifecycle.
As a user researcher your role is to evaluate how customers are interacting with a product or service and illustrate these behaviours to the teams so that everyone has a deep understanding of how customers are using our products and how we can adapt them to better serve our customer needs.
About the role
• You’ll work alongside a team of researchers and UX designers to support a product team within our digital branch, running their research activities to gather behavioural insights, from usability interviews to AB testing.
• Showcase users interacting with our products (or prototypes) to help teams understand user behaviours and any pain points. You’ll be tasked with organising user sessions and coordinating with the team to get them engaged regularly around agile ways of working.
• Analyse research projects, both independently and with a team, to convey key findings to stakeholders. This will involve qualitative and quantitative research to help us create a well-rounded view of the customer experience.
• Create reports and presentations and be able to communicate these clearly.
• Provide product owners support and insight on the most important customer drivers to help them manage the backlog and provide insight into product development based on customer needs.
• Embed customer knowledge within product teams to help everyone have a shared view of the customer and their needs. This could be running workshops, regular insight demos, group analysis sessions or contributing to our growing insights portal.
• Must have experience conducting behavioural research (such as usability studies, questionnaires, interviews, observational studies, or academic research). Experience using prototypes would be beneficial.
• Confidence in ability to analyse data (preferably qualitative and quantitative) to determine areas to prioritise. Support will be provided for those with knowledge gaps across methods, but some experience is ideally required.
• Strong communication skills to synthesis and present research results to various stakeholders in an engaging way, both verbally and visually.
• Keen interest in human behaviour and/or product development. (degree in psychology, HCI, sociology would be an advantage).
• Preferably experience working within a product team and working with UX designers. Experience working in Agile would be beneficial. Good understanding of the product lifecycle and how research can fit into it.
Benefits of being part of the Boots UX team:
● Be part of the high performing, talented and caring team, who are responsible for designing Boots future digital experience.
● Opportunity to develop practitioner skill set through coaching and mentoring from fellow UX practitioners with a variety of experience and backgrounds.
● The mix of being in the retail and healthcare sectors, with an omnichannel presence and an established brand, offers diverse and stretching portfolio worthy design projects. Learn more here.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops – Support Office only
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions