Supply Capacity Planner
Here at Boots we are looking for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join our team! The successful applicant will join a vibrant team at the heart of planning for Global Brands supply chain, working in a dynamic and fast paced environment. They will work cross functionally with all areas of the wider Global Sourcing and Supply function.
Overview of the Role
The Supply Capacity Planner is responsible for the creation of the monthly capacity plan across our global warehouse network, managing a monthly review process and working collaboratively with keys stakeholders across the business to optimise available warehouse capacity.
They identify short term tactical activities to support our warehouse operations, working with the Supply Chain Planning, Customer Partnership & Operations teams to ensure the smooth running of the warehouse operation as well as highlighting the medium and longer term impacts on warehouse capacity
The Supply Capacity Planner creates regular reports to support decision making to improve business performance and drive optimisation of our supply chain capacity .
The role reports to the Global Supply Capacity Planning Manager
About Global Brands
Global Brands is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that aims to give WBA retail businesses as well as global partners a sustainable competitive advantage by combining great brands and innovative products with unparalleled commercial expertise and consumer insight. Global Brands is comprised of three pillars – Global Insights & Best Practice, Global Consumer Brands and Global Sourcing and Manufacturing - that work in close partnership together to ensure a collaborative, successful and truly global platform to give the businesses clear competitive advantages. Products in the Global Brands portfolio include Soltan, No 7, Well at Walgreens, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle and Boots Pharmaceuticals.
About Global Brands Supply
Global brands existing supply chain has been built off the back of the UK centric Boots UK supply chain and today consists of an increasingly complex blend of different supply chain processes and systems.
We have recognised the need to transform our supply chain capability over the next 2 years if we are to continue to provide our existing high standards of customer service, at the same time as enabling our future business growth ambition, and have embarked on an exciting programme of supply chain transformation.
We are based in Nottingham, UK with Regional offices in New York and Hong Kong and would love to hear from talented supply chain professionals who would like to join us on our transformation journey as we create a world class global supply chain capability for WBA.
• To manage the warehouse monthly demand plan, maintaining up to date assumptions that drive the plan and sharing with key stakeholders, working closely with cross-functional teams to understand key drivers which impact on the future supply plans, whilst working with the supply and warehouse teams to review their plans and understand the underlying key assumptions behind the plans
• To actively manage the smoothing out of the peaks & troughs of activity to ensure a balanced flow of stock in and out of the warehouse, liaising with key stakeholders
• To understand the key drivers behind deviation to the plan (daily/weekly/monthly) to establish root causes and actively pursuing these to deliver a continual improvement process across all stakeholders
• To provide inputs and support to the warehouse operations team when capacity planning with the warehouse operation
• To develop and produce regular reports and use these as part of a monthly review process with the Supply and warehouse teams to highlight and track key business issues and improvements performance
• To support the management of future key initiatives: Inventory/Safety stock management & optimization, developing MI and processes to effectively deliver these with pace
• To support with warehouse capacity expertise when scenario management situations occur
• To support with supply capacity expertise into the budgeting process for global purchases and inventory
• To use the outputs of the supply capacity plans to support driving reporting of our service fulfillment to inform end to end supply planning with our customers
• To utilize various data sources to maintain KPIs and produce weekly/monthly reports
Our Ideal Candidate
• Ideally a degree or equivalent in a related discipline
• Strong commercial awareness
• Strong problem solving & numeracy skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to prioritise & manage varied workload and deadlines
• Used to dealing with large volumes of data and understanding of techniques on how to manage and interpret these
• Advanced user of Excel
• Competent user of Access or other database tools eg Cognos/SQL etc – preferable
• Well-developed interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of Supply Chain Planning principles
• Experience of modelling different supply planning scenarios
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Shannon.Linton@boots.co.uk
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions