Digital Copywriter – boots.com
Fixed term contract February 2023
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The Digital Copywriter role is part of the Digital Experience team in boots.com. They use their copy skills and Content Management System (CMS) expertise to write, create and deliver assets and pages for boots.com and boots.ie, to deliver the best customer experience to support our trading and marketing plans. This role will support the team through our peak trading period, ensuring that the customer journey through our site is the best it can be. This can include working on shop pages, service pages, promotions, hub pages, product prescriptions, SEO copy and more.
About the opportunity
• Digital copy production and build of campaign assets for Boots.com UK and ROI sites across business areas
• Work collaboratively with the designers, channel teams and brands to deliver against marketing briefs (e.g. for specific events, like triple Advantage Card points)
• Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to manage end to end asset and page production
• Ensure assets are in line with our digital copy guidelines and the Boots brand, and fully integrated with marketing campaigns
• Deliver digital projects, from brief to live, as required
• Experience using a CMS (Adobe Experience Manager would be ideal)
• Digital copy skills and experience of writing short form copy for a commercial site – an understanding of UX and SEO would be very helpful
• Customer-focused with high attention to detail
• Experience following a style guide (or similar) to ensure a consistent tone of voice
• The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment and reactive to changing promotions, including amending assets and customer journeys
• Excellent organisation and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires regular working outside normal offices hours. This typically involves working from 5am one or two times a month, occasional weekend working particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major launches. In general, you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions