Overview of the Conversation Rate Optimisation role:
In this role, you’ll work with Optimisation specialists across Insights, UX and Development to shape and deliver our testing and personalisation strategies. Together, you’ll focus on using data and creativity to understand customer pain points and generate innovative solutions for testing. You’ll interpret data, shape strategies, support in ideation and manage hypotheses from inception through to live experiments.
You’ll have a passion for understanding customer issues, learning, shaping experiences and applying creativity, and will revel in the opportunity to drive significant growth for one of the UK’s leading eCommerce websites.
Before we talk about how you’ll help us improve, here’s how Optimisation can help you grow:
• Empowerment – the Optimisation Team culture isn’t necessarily unique at Boots, but we’re proud of it nonetheless. Clear areas of responsibility, well defined goals and full authority to achieve them as you see fit.
• Learn from industry experts – work with and learn from experts across Optimisation, UX, Product, Analytics, Trading and more, every day. We also work with third party experts in Optimisation who regularly provide training to the team (one of the team now knows regex, and another is learning Python!)
• Variety – the Boots proposition spans a staggering number of products, services and even countries; from makeup and toiletries to Opticians and ‘Online Doctor.’ Conversion doesn’t always mean “purchases,” and every conversion point needs optimising!
• On-the-job upskilling – test and stretch your abilities by working in areas outside your comfort zone; want to focus on data? Learn to code? Go for it. The volume and variety of work creates opportunity for everyone.
• License to innovate – We don’t want to be bound by competitor and industry trends. Creativity, failing fast and learning are actively encouraged. We have a close-knit team where every unique skill is valued; between us, we can make anything happen (and we do!).
• Record investment in Digital (and a buzz around Optimisation) – Digital is more important than ever, and Boots knows it. We’ve also set the stage for Optimisation, now we just need you to lead the show.
• The team – We have an incredible team that are really pushing the boundaries, but we want new approaches and more perspectives to expand our offering. That’s where you come in.
About the role:
• Drive an improved customer experience, focusing on developing navigation and findability across the site through innovative new features and designs, initiated from research and data
• Responsible for managing the testing strategies and guiding the day-to-day activities within the Optimisation squads, helping us to fail fast and learn
• Drive critical decisions across the business based on insights from research and testing activity
• Work alongside team members from Insights, Digital Product, UX and Commercial teams to take hypotheses from inception to test delivery and post-test reporting
• Support in the development of our Personalisation activity, helping move tested components into targeted customer experiences that drive incremental improvements to conversion rates
• Capture and support requests from wider Boots.com teams and senior stakeholders for key initiatives, always focussing on proving or disproving value
• Build and review reports, and share them with the wider business to generate engagement in the programme
• Progress trials with 3rd parties
• Keep abreast of ongoing commercial aims of Boots.com, as well as industry tools and trends, to spot new opportunities for testing and innovation
Our ideal candidate is someone that is eager to learn and grow, someone whose values align with experimentation; an openness to being wrong, is curious, asks questions, brings a different way of looking at things, and sees the value in using data to arrive at decisions:
• Able to work within a fast-paced eCommerce environment and comfortable managing your own workload
• Good numeracy skills, ideally with some experience in, or understanding of, analysing online behaviours using web analytics platforms (ideally Google Analytics) and qualitative data sources (such as surveys, session replay and heatmapping)
• An ability to ask the right questions, think strategically, and comfortable challenging others to think differently
• Experience in analysing A/B test results, translating findings into actionable insights and recommendations
• Stakeholder management, collaboration and communications skills that will enable you to work with multiple teams from across the business
• Proactive, investigative mindset with an enthusiasm for experimentation and innovation
• Strong knowledge of AB/MV testing tools, processes and strategies would be a bonus
• An ‘eye for detail’ and creative flair would be a bonus
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Boots Pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach, because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working (our Head Office is based in Nottingham).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest. Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions