Digital Operations Assistant – Digital Promotions & Events
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers.
About the opportunity:
Working in the Digital Promotions & Events team you’ll collaborate with various teams across the business with main stakeholders being in eCommerce, Digital Experience, Digital Merchandising, Loyalty, IT and other teams within Digital Services. You will create, test and implement all promotional offers and online events which appear on Boots.com/Boots.ie.
You’re main focus will be to ensure the set up and execution is completely accurate when promotions and events go live, confirming they are to brief, behave as expected with other offers and have a mind always that the customer journey is easy and supports the brief.
You’ll have a passion for getting it right for our customers, an eye for detail, and brilliant adherence to processes and ways of working, which is an extensive part of the role. Other teams will be heavily reliant on accurate and timely testing data so will suit someone who is able to work under pressure, react and support quickly.
Please note: With our website available for customers 24hours a day, working times will vary at short notice and require early mornings from 5am to ensure everything is perfect for the day ahead.
• You will be part of a shift based team who support the flexible business requirements and growth of Boots.com, this may include weekends, bank holidays & seasonal periods on occasion.
• Work cross functionally with various teams and stakeholders across Boots.com and the wider business in order to achieve tasks & support the team, getting chance to build relationships and understand the wider impact.
• Set up, test and check all promotional and event activity which requires a keen eye for detail and being able to spot the less obvious errors, doing this on a repeat basis. This is an extensive part of the role and suited so a candidate who thrives in this type of work.
• Support line managers with wider requests where required to help the Digital Services Team during our busiest period with any tactical projects or tasks.
• Fastidiously follow the process and guidance provided, whilst recommending and testing better ways of working to either increase accuracy or efficiency. Keen to find ways to improve and implementing.
• Challenge stakeholders to meet the required deadlines and uphold customer experience & escalate where required to hit the team and customer deadlines.
• Ensure we are always right, first time for the customer.
Our ideal candidate:
• Can build relationships quickly, enabling you to learn fast and easily reach out for support from local experts.
• Understands the financial impact to the business of poor set up & adherence to quality checking.
• Will be experienced in challenging our stakeholders with appropriate & timely escalation for support where new requests or data accuracy put the customer experience at risk.
• Will be a team player and achieve each days tasks & events together, actively supporting each other when required.
• Will have an inquiring mind, be pragmatic, and hold a strong passion for the business.
• Will enjoy change, and have the personal strength and confidence to ride the highs and lows of a dynamic business.
• Be a self-starter, taking ownership of your own workload, demonstrating a clear understanding of what you are doing and why.
• You will need to possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, be confident to work with numerous teams across the business and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (specifically excel), technically savvy to use multiple different systems and understand the impact of poor data manipulation.
• Complete repetitive tasks to the same high standard every time.
• Working to tight deadlines under pressure to meet the needs and demands of an online business and be required to work and make decisions at pace or seek support appropriately.
• Will be flexible to cover some early mornings (typically from 5am), some evenings and weekends to meet the business needs when required.
• Would like the opportunity to support the wider teams in helping the departments objectives.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions