Supply Chain Operations Assistant – Ireland
3 x Fixed Term Contract until 31st December 2022
Here at Boots we have a fantastic opportunity for a passionate individual to join us on a full time basis as Supply Chain Operations Assistant, based in the Boots Head Office Support Centre in Nottingham.
This role is a great opportunity primarily to support the production of customs documents and declarations relating to movement of products to our Irish stores and reports into the Assistant Supply Chain Operations Manager – Ireland.
About the opportunity
This role is relatively new which is even more exciting for the successful candidate, coming into force following new rules and legislation after Brexit. All training will be provided on international trade, systems and procedures to help embed and develop this role, with opportunities to grow the processes and ways of working within the ROI Team.
You will work with colleagues in the Import & Export team, transport partners, vets, warehouse and software providers.
• To complete import and export declarations for all goods moving to stores in Ireland through appropriate customs portals. This will include returns for goods coming back into the UK
• Provide shipment information to our transport partners so they can provide trailer information to the port authorities ready for departure from the ferry ports
• Oversee quality of master data in SAP for specific import/export requirements (Commodity code, meursing code, second quantities)
• Work with our software providers to resolve any errors holding up customs declarations and transport movement
• Classification of new lines to determine duty rates for goods being imported to Ireland
• To be an effective team member, working with cross functional teams across the business
• Some knowledge of Supply Management Import/Export experience desirable (but not essential)
• Ability to prioritise workload and work to time critical deadlines
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Shannon.Linton@boots.co.uk
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions