This role is for night shifts. our ideal candidate would be able to work between 8pm - 5am working across 7 days a week with every other weekend off.
The hourly rate for this role is £9.96 with a 20% rate increase for overnight shifts taking the hourly rate to £11.95.
After successfully completing your first 3 months in-role you will be entitled to a £250 retention payment and this increases to a total of £500 after 6 months (Pro rata). Including this payment, the hourly rate for this role is £12.61 for this 6 month period.
The importance of your role.
This is your chance to be part of something a bit different. You’ll be working closely with the most important part of our business – our customers. Giving them fantastic customer care and making them feel good, and we think that’s a great opportunity.
You’ll really get to know our customers and what they’re looking for; it’s everything from helping them find the perfect product, working deliveries and stocking the shelves, to getting behind our in-store promotion.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
Listen to our customers, it’s the first step to providing a great experience and we love how passionate our customers are about our brand.
Put our customers at ease. You’ll get to know our fantastic products, recommending items that they hadn’t considered. You’re really personable approach will keep our customers coming back.
Provide a great shopping environment for our customers ensuring our stores are clean, tidy and presentable and provide a store we can be really proud of.
Inspire the in-store team with your really personable customer care, helping them any way you can.
How will you do it?
Make our customers feel really good - it’s more than just answering their questions, it’s about giving our customers a really great experience. Even if it’s just offering them a basket when you notice their hands are full. You’ll let them know you’re here to help - it’s the little things that make a real difference.
Get to know our in-store promotions and schemes, and promote them - the more info we can give our customers the better.
Know our customers, find more about them, what they like and what they don’t – it can make such a difference to the way we do things.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re looking for really great people, with a friendly personality. It’s all about working together as one great team – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business. You never know it could lead to another role with us. It would be great if you had experience of dealing with customers. But it isn’t just about experience, it’s personality that really counts, we’re interested in seeing a bit more, the real you – and that makes us all feel good.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
Is this right for you?
In the hustle and bustle of the airport where customers are rushing through to catch that flight it’s really important that we create a great shopping environment. Here’s how you will do it:
- Working with our customers, the most important part of our business. There are so many different customers from those travelling on business, to those travelling long distance and you’ll be there to help provide a great shopping experience. Whether that’s answering questions and giving great advice, showing where a product is when they are in a hurry or simply offering a basket, it’s the little things that make a difference.
- Working as a team. In a busy environment your day will be filled; from helping with the delivery and putting products on to shelves, to being on the tills, no two days are the same. It’s fast paced but working as a team, you’ll help to make sure that our stores are clean, tidy and presentable and provide a store that we can be really proud of.
- Be an expert. You’ll know the products across your store meaning you can give great advice, showing your customers options they might not have considered before. You’ll also use the in store iPad.
Please note that in order to obtain a pass to work in our airside stores you will need to be able to provide 5 continuous years of references with any gaps in employment covered by character references.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions