Assistant Trading Manager for No7 Beauty Company in Boots UK
Modern working approach with flexibility on location and days at home/in Nottingham or London offices.
Welcome to the No7 team! We’re proud to be part of No7 - a trailblazer in the world’s beauty industry since 1935 and now the UK’s favourite and biggest beauty brand - and part of the newly formed wider No7 Beauty Company, home to iconic global brands including No7, Liz Earle and Soap & Glory! We’re looking for someone with energy, enthusiasm and know-how to lead our significant No7 Cosmetics business in Boots UK, the no.1 health and beauty retailer in the UK!
About the opportunity
The Assistant Trading Manager we’re looking for is commercial and creative, with the ability to develop plans that exceed our customers’ expectations and our financial targets and work with a cross functional team to deliver them excellently and enjoyably. The Assistant Trading Manager role is far broader than the typical buying role, interacting with more teams and working across a variety of projects.
If you’d like to get in touch to discuss this role, please feel free to e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximise sales, profit and market share by building plans in line with the strategy and leading the execution of them across pricing, promotion, range, merchandising and marketing, ensuring all plans are tailored for the No7 customer
- Be known as the go to commercial contact for No7, owning daily, weekly and monthly trading plans, and how No7 shows up within Boots cross category activity
- Take responsibility for commercial processes, including sales and cost budgeting, forecasting and ongoing performance analysis and action planning
- Work cross functionally with a broad range of teams in Boots and No7 Beauty Company including Supply, Merchandising, Category Management, Finance, Brand, Marketing and Product teams to develop and deliver the very best plan possible for No7, always focussing on building strong, productive and enjoyable relationships across teams
- Excellent commercial trading/ buying experience necessary, with knowledge of account management also helpful due to the breadth of internal and external teams you will interact with
- Honed commercial acumen, with a clear understanding of factors that influence sales, profit and share and the ability and appetite to build plans that drive these metrics
- In depth understanding of trading levers, confident in analysing data to derive insights and independently develop recommendations to drive performance
- Second to none ability to build relationships and work productively with a wide range of internal and external teams, confident in engaging, influencing and delivering results together
- Enthusiastic and excited to seek out opportunities, power through problems and deliver the very best experience for our customers and your colleagues
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions