Overview of the role:
The Assistant ESG Communications Manager will play an instrumental role in the Boots UK PR team, managing and shaping ESG communications across both internal and external audiences. This involves working closely with the ESG team and key stakeholders to identify and activate opportunities for driving awareness and impact of our strategic charity partnerships and our sustainability journey, ensuring that they ladder up to the overall Boots ESG agenda. If you are passionate about ESG, a great story-teller and get a real buzz from engaging others on Boots strategic priorities, we would like to hear from you.
About the opportunity:
The role involves creating and sharing news and stories on Boots ESG agenda with team members, media and influencers across the UK to ensure they are engaged and supportive of our ESG plans. This covers media relations, internal engagement, content creation, event management, creative writing and crisis management.
• Developing, managing and delivering ESG communications plans for both internal and external audiences
• Building great relationships with our agency and managing them to deliver standout coverage for ESG
• Creating engaging stories and content for team members, helping them to feel connected to our ESG agenda
• Developing assets to help to tell ESG stories, such as press releases and infogaphics through to social posts and film edits.
• Reporting and evaluating work, taking learnings on board to inform future planning
• Experience or demonstratable interest in ESG
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including being able to land key messages in a creative and compelling way
• Ability to deliver standout communications campaigns which appeal to different audiences
• A great understanding of content creation and landing this editorially
• Resilient, brilliantly organised and able to work calmly under pressure
• Enthusiastic and willing to get stuck in
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities, including; staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions