Category Manager - Beauty
Secondment / Fixed Term Contract - 9 Months to 12 Months
The purpose of this role is to grow retailer beauty categories through our No7 Beauty Company brands by: using insight to understand the category and shopper landscape, identifying growth opportunities and tailoring our brand plans and sales fundamentals to best deliver for our retailers and their shoppers. The role sits within the UK Category Management function and will be a full time role based out of Nottingham.
About the opportunity
- Own and deliver a suite of regular commercial reports and market intel to understand performance drivers and identify opportunities for N7BC brands and our retailer partners, inspiring action against these.
- Deliver local insights and recommendations to inform the UK brand strategy and annual activity plan, ensuring brand activities support the delivery of the retailer category strategy
- Lead in the retailer’s range review process using insight to support optimizing space, range and distribution recommendations
- Deliver against No7 beauty company range and distribution targets and maximise productivity of space
- Support the account team to maximise the sales fundamentals of our brands to deliver the annual and 3 year plan.
- Deliver insights to support the account and brand teams in the retailer NPD engagement process
- Take the lead on and be reactive to category specific projects from N7BC and our retailer partners e.g. performance deep dives, category plan development
- Excellent commercial acumen and analytical skills (Excel proficiency) and an ability to skillfully work with multiple data sources
- Clear storytelling. Able to synthesise commercial and market data to deliver clear insight led recommendations and drive action/implementation of these
- Clear communicator with ability to develop relationships across a network of stakeholders (internal external). Passionate, enthusiastic persuasive in their manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team, but also self-sufficient and resilient when working without supervision.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills. Ability to prioritise and adapt to changing business needs
- Knowledgeable on Beauty and Personal Care market insight preferable, but not essential
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions