Buyer - Boots Opticians
Boots Opticians have an opportunity within the Trading team for a Buyer. In this role you will work within the buying team to support and devise trading plans of each of the categories (contact lenses, lenses and accessories), including ongoing development of our customer proposition, support store implementation plans and find additional margin opportunities. You will also work closely with our Stores to ensure store and customer impact is at the heart of every decision you make
About the opportunity
- Work cross-functionally to develop and deliver a compelling strategy that retains our market leading position
- Range Management – you will have to understand and analyse range performance, recommending improvements and seeking solutions
- You will be a category expert – you will have to understand our categories and markets by an on-going research and analysis of Supplier, Customer, Competitor as well as our internal performance in order to make the best deals possible
- Price and Promotion Management – you will have to understand the category pricing strategy, what the competitor activity is, the product pricing dynamics (elasticity) and hierarchies within your business.
- Be the first point of contact for suppliers and manage the day to day relationships; assist Buying Manager to negotiate price deals with our partners
- Contact lens, lens and wider optical industry knowledge is highly beneficial as it will help you align product specification to customer needs
- You are an excellent communicator who can easily develop a range of effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- You have strong analytical skills and you are great using data to make recommendations and commercial decisions
- You are a highly organised person who can work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- You are commercially astute and continually seek to make improvements
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK and we’re still growing.
We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions