Digital Operations Manager
Digital Operations & Digital Service Managers are responsible for leading a wide range of operational & business processes across our UK and ROI digital platforms, ensuring that they operate effectively and always meet our customer’s expectations.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our digital first team working collaboratively, leading your own and cross functional teams to plan, deliver and run high profile operational activities at pace and to agreed critical deadlines.
About the opportunity
Boots has an aggressive ambition to grow its digital business, the Digital Services Team sits at the heart of Boots.com with responsibility for the exemplary operational planning, testing, sign off & implementation across all customer channels.
We currently have roles available to lead our User Acceptance Testing & Digital Release teams as well as our Digital Promotion, Events & Implementation team. They vary in responsibility, key stakeholders and deliverables; however all require common leadership qualities.
• Leading a team of application or operational experts to support the required daily activities whilst also troubleshooting queries or consulting on future technical / process enhancements
• Are accountable for leading the development agenda & execution of operational processes for digital, across the business, managing expectations of those impacted at appropriate intervals throughout
• Has the capability & experience in managing multiple priorities/tasks either through project leadership in the agile framework or from leading a production style team
• Is focused on improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of the collective outputs, through reviewing ways of working and instilling a continuous improvement culture
• Works collaboratively after building strong relationships across multiple functions to challenging timelines in a hybrid in-office/virtual way and supporting teams to find solutions to do the same
• We are looking for someone who is passionate about customers, has an eye for detail and a pragmatic approach with operational experience and an understanding and exposure to digital systems
• Capable of leading, developing and managing teams to deliver right first time in a fast paced, high pressured environment
• Embraces and advocates change, using experience to help plan the future and have the personal strength and confidence to ride the highs and lows of a dynamic online business
• Experienced and confident stakeholder manager across multiple teams/levels and third parties, holding to account & escalating when required
• Flexible & available to work out of hours, early mornings, late evenings and provide escalation support
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions