Warehouse Operations Manager – Boots UK, Nottingham
Closing Date: Monday 3rd October
Boots UK is looking to recruit an experienced Logistics Operations Manager to join our Stores Service Centre team in Nottingham. The SSC is a world class automated warehouse and we’re looking for a talented leader to support and shape the operation in this critical role. You will be responsible for leading a large team of warehouse support managers and colleagues that ensure our right first-time delivery of stock is distributed to our 2400 stores across the UK and ROI.
• To lead, develop and motivate a team of department managers who are customer focused, delivering plans that maximise on shelf availability and delivering the highest service level possible to customers thorough effective and accurate supply of stock from delivery receipt to onward supply to our stores.
• Responsibility for ensuring service and cost targets are met for your function including responsibility for setting and agreeing service targets and budgets and maintain costs in line with budget
• Manage performance of team and ensure feedback in the moment, using a coaching approach to develop people and ensure performance reviews are completed ensuring a positive culture
• You and your team will have a Health and Safety first mindset, ensuring policies are adhered to, continuous improvement through accident reduction plans, ensure all dangerous occurrence’s and accidents have well thought out actions from root cause analysis
• Continually review resourcing strategies, creating a brilliant environment and culture for our diverse team and maintaining strong USDAW partnership to support our team members
A bit about you
• A strong leader, with experience of managing and motivating an operational team including planning and organising, exposure to controlling costs and managing a budget.
• You’ll need to have detailed experience / knowledge of supply chain and warehouse processes and working with automated warehouse systems
• Must be flexible and prepared to “go the extra mile” for the customer whilst remaining focused under pressure
• The ability to interpret high level data, forward thinking, who can drive and motivate teams to achieve results, and help to create a culture that they are proud of
• You’ll need to be adaptable and open to change, and willing to embrace the ambiguity of a continually changing environment
A bit about us
We’re more than just trucks and sheds here.
We’re a world class, award-winning operation– ensuring that our customers have access to the right products at the right time in any of our stores across the UK.
If you’re ambitious, can build great relationships with suppliers across the globe, and collaborate across many different departments, then Supply Chain is a great place to develop your career.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact Emily.Smith-Kenny@boots.co.uk
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions