Growing our Pharmacy Services business is a key strategic initiative and we’re transforming the way Pharmacy Services are delivered in stores and online.
As the Boots Health Hub Commercial Specialist, you will lead for the growth of the Health Hub by working on the roadmap for future partnerships to support the growth of the business from a newly launched service to an established healthcare marketplace delivering value to customers and partners.
You will be reporting directly to the Senior Commercial Healthcare Manager for Health Hub will work also collaboratively in cross functional teams with External partners, Digital Product Management (IT), Chief Pharmacists Office, Marketing, Pharmacy Finance and Store Operations.
• Supporting the delivery of new partnerships and propositions by identifying potential candidate partnerships based on commercial priorities, ensuring it’s commercially attractive, delivered on time, within budget and right for customers. Examples could include:
- Support trials for new test and treat services which involve external partner stakeholders
- Support proof of concepts with selected healthcare partners that would contribute to our Health Hub strategy
- Develop and deliver from the prioritised backlog the next partnership, content, service or test
- Assist with forming the pipeline for future development of healthcare propositions for Boots UK and assessing new submissions to generate a business case and recommendations
• Manage the contracting process working with legal, finance and chief pharmacist office amongst others.
• Ensure that the propositions in development are customer insight driven and follow the most up to date clinical guidance
• Holding others to account to ensure all elements of the plan are delivered whilst managing risks, expectations and deliverables – the day-to-day things that really keep a project on track
• Manage expectations of key stakeholders both within Boots UK, WBA and externally and be robust in reporting and reviewing each proposition
A bit about you…
• Approachable and friendly to enable you to build up a big network of relationships quickly
• Have a “can do” attitude and be able to work independently and at pace
• Lead, support and motivate our cross functional teams, and be their first port of call
• Understand that detail and accuracy is vital and be able to contribute and be comfortable with future thinking
• Able to engage a wide range of personalities; taking people with you
• Strong analytical skills and commercial acumen
• Experience of managing projects from beginning to end, with a strong track record of delivery, ideally in cross functional teams,
• Ability to plan, organise and prioritise
• Understanding of store processes and colleague requirements
• Adaptable and not fazed by things changing in an agile and fast-moving environment
• Possesses good Problem-Solving skills and able to make decisions
• Can manage stakeholders across the internal and global businesses within Walgreens Boots Alliance
A bit about us…
The Boots Health Hub team continually seek to understand our customers’ needs and identify innovative service concepts that meet the needs of our customers and creates engagement with the platform.
This fast-paced team builds great relationships with our suppliers and cross functional support office teams to ensure we can meet the ever-changing needs of our patients and customers.
In return, we will build a personal development plan with you that helps you develop and further your career.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2300 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions