Senior Digital Insights Analyst
As an experienced digital insights professional you will take the lead in partnering with colleagues across the broader digital business team. You will develop a strong understanding of business requirements and become their go-to insights consultant.
Through your natural curiosity you will explore the data available to you and proactively identify new opportunities to use data to add value. You will restlessly pursue opportunities to improve systems, data collection, reporting, workflow processes. You will champion data, sharing your knowledge, expertise and best practice amongst the analytics community and stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
As our digital business expands we have an opportunity for a Senior Digital Insights Analyst to join our team and drive a data-led approach throughout our digital business. You will play a crucial role in improving customer journeys, understanding user behaviour, and establishing how we measure success across our digital business.
• Main point of contact for members of the digital trading, marketing, product management and optimisation teams for their insight needs
• Identify and deliver clear recommendations around areas of value creation and communicate scale of opportunity to the business
• Identify opportunities for better exploiting available data
• Maintain a regular drumbeat of digital performance into trading forums, using influence and insight to drive the narrative and discussion
• Support the wider digital team with analytic needs, continually evolving the offering to meet their changing requirements whilst staying abreast of industry trends
• Enable and promote a self-serve culture amongst stakeholders for standard BI requests
• Play a leading role in the development of our technical infrastructure and tooling
• Champion data collection, quality, and availability
Who you are:
We are looking for someone who combines a passion for understanding customers and patients, independent thinking and problem-solving skills and who is able to work well in a team.
• Significant experience working with digital data and analytics tooling to understand and interpret customer needs and business performance, translating this into impactful insights
• You will have experience working with large data sets using SQL or similar
• You will be able to absorb complex concepts, and effectively communicate these to various stakeholders to drive action
• You will be able to plan, track and complete multiple projects simultaneously while meeting agreed deadlines
• Strong attention to detail, including a commitment to data protection and the ethical use of data
The below are nice to have however not essential:
• Experience working in Azure
• Experienced with GA360, GA4 or Google Tag Manager, Adobe Analytics, Adobe Tag Manager
• Retail experience
There are also natural values and behaviours we like to see. You will be naturally inquisitive and love solving difficult problems. You will thrive in a fast paced, frequently changing environment. You will be keen to always do better for our customers, and stakeholders being open to challenges and continually improving your knowledge and skills. You will question the status quo and get us thinking, helping evolve and change how we work both as a digital business and as an analytics team. You will also be a team player, capable of collaborating with both technical and non-technical colleagues effectively.
What we can offer you:
As a team, we work across all of Retail Pharmacy International – Boots UK, Boots Opticians, Pharmacy, No7 Beauty Company and across multiple different functions including Trading, Marketing, Digital, Transformation, and Operations to name a few. We are a multi-disciplinary team with cognitive diversity being a key value. We encourage movement across the team so you will have the opportunity to explore, grow and progress in your career within the team in ways that work best for you.
In addition, you will get:
• A competitive salary.
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays.
• Annual discretionary bonus plan.
• Generous staff discount scheme.
• Competitive company pension scheme.
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and more.
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependents, at times of financial hardship.
Diversity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer several flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
What happens next?
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions