Payroll Specialist- Boots Ireland
This is your chance to be part of something a bit different. We have big plans here in Boots Ireland. You’ll be part of helping us achieve this with your fantastic organisational and numeracy skills and passion for all things payroll related.
You’ll be supporting the delivery of payroll accuracy, audit and compliance, analysing complex payroll queries/data and supporting relevant payroll impacting projects and new initiatives.
About the opportunity:
Working within the Boots Ireland HR Operations team in the Dublin support office you will provide payroll related support to our teams. You’ll work closely with our external payroll provider to ensure payroll delivered correctly to the highest standards. You’ll use your analytical and reporting skills to provide insights and to assist with pay & benefits related activity and projects. You’ll support line managers with resolution of any complex payroll related queries sharing your expertise in all things payroll.
You’ll work closely with the ER team and Reward Manager in Ireland and the wider UK Payroll Services team to develop more advanced skills and spend some time on projects and development work e.g. designing processes and line manager guidance tools to support continuous improvement.
- Work closely with our external payroll provider to ensure payroll processed in line with legal and contractual requirements.
- Provide analysis, reporting and insights and resolution in respect of complex pay queries to support line managers
- Management of Payroll and Benefits records and employee data
- Propose, design and deliver changes to process, application & systems and initiatives to increase the efficiency and business process compliance.
- Actively contribute to business projects that impact pay and employee data
- Support the Reward Manager with data preparation and submission to the payroll system for annual and adhoc projects
- Previous Payroll experience of working in a payroll environment is essential and experience of using the ResourceLink payroll system is desirable
- You’ll be passionate about ensuring that we deliver quality solutions to our colleagues and stakeholders
- You’ll be enthusiastic about the role and equally comfortable working on your own or with others in the team to deliver great customer service
- You’ll have strong interpersonal skills, being approachable with the ability to build relationships and network on a variety of levels.
- You’ll be adaptable and able to perform in a changing and fast-moving environment
- You will have strong administration skills and be able to prioritise your workload as well as multitask
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions