The importance of your role.
This is your chance to be part of something a bit different. You'll help our stores become even more successful. Working closely with our teams and our customers, you’ll help make our customers feel good – and we think that's a really great opportunity.
It’s an opportunity to develop your career with us. A chance to build on your retail and commercial experience, and add to your management expertise. From healthcare to beauty, we keep our customers coming back and make them feel good. With a passion for customer care and sales, you’ll make sure our customers get a great shopping experience.
What you’ll be doing day to day.
Make the shop floor your own, get to know our teams, sales and operations. Consider ‘what can we do better?’ and opportunities we could be missing out on. This will set Boots apart from other retailers.
Lead the sales and performance of your store, whilst keeping our customers close to heart. As an ambassador for our Boots brand you’ll be passionate about helping us work towards becoming the world's best pharmacy led health and beauty retailer.
Inspire your teams with your love for great customer care. You'll really drive the success of your store, and help make our customer’s look and feel better.
How will you do it?
Know our business. Use your commercial and retail expertise, and be flexible with your approach to new business ideas keeping our customers in mind. Get to know our teams – find out what they like and what they want to see change.
Be on the lookout for business trends and opportunities to drive our business into the future.
Spot talent when you see it. Guide your team by building really great relationships, with your Assistant Manager and with your local area as a Boots ambassador.
There's also a range of fantastic benefits for you, not to mention great in store discounts and a generous salary.
What you’ll need to have.
We’re looking for really great people, with a friendly personality. It’s all about working together as one great team – after all it’s our people that are at the heart of our business. It’s a fantastic opportunity to add to your own development, and a chance to learn more about us as a business. It could open up even more opportunities with us. You’ll need to have lots of retail management and commercial experience, with really great customer service skills. But it isn’t just about experience, we’re interested in seeing a bit more, the real you – and that makes us all feel good.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.