Recruiter – Boots Opticians
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Boots Healthcare recruitment team where you will be responsible for ensuring that we provide a credible, efficient and effective recruitment service. In this role you will provide expertise and guidance to our stakeholders ensuring a first-class end to end candidate and hiring manager experience.
This is a fast paced and high performing environment where you will be given the autonomy to truly partner your stakeholders and make a real difference.
• Working in partnership with the key stakeholders including, Store Leaders, Area Managers, and HR Partners to understand the demand for current and future resource requirements (both internal and external) and creating recruitment plans to source the best talent for the business. This will require a thorough understanding of the vision, challenges and changes to the Boots Opticians business.
• Ensuring robust talent pipelines that will satisfy the future business strategy, allowing top talent to be readily available to the business at all times. Using your expertise of the market for talent to shape and work with recruitment marketing team to generate and deliver relevant attraction campaigns and develop short and long term plans
• Maintaining a mind-set of continuous improvement where essential projects are highlighted and delivered to the highest standard to enhance the recruitment process and candidate journey
• Acting as a brand ambassador across all social media channels, representing Boots and Boots Opticians in a professional and creative manner at all times, raising the profile of the business functions along with project management of social campaigns
• Providing regular market insights via research, events and networking to ensure the recruitment team and hiring managers are up to date on economic trends, new technology and competitor analysis. Sharing best practice and learnings across the Recruitment teams to drive results for all.
• Taking a customer led approach in all recruitment activity, ensuring that as a business we give an exceptional experience to all of our candidates at each stage of the recruitment process. This will involve preparing candidates for interview, giving and receiving feedback and negotiating successful offers
• Working in collaboration with the Hiring Manager and wider HR team to ensure that we deliver a strong end to end service and provides recommendations and solutions for continuous improvement including capability, upskilling and communication to our stores.
• Pro-actively working in partnership with the research and campaign team to define their key focus and priorities and provides support and expertise in ensuring there is a seamless flow throughout the candidate journey from resourcing through to the hiring manager.
A bit about you…
• Knowledge of recruitment attraction strategies, including social media and campaign management. You can demonstrate experience of using these techniques to deliver great talent pipeline strategies and keep warm methods
• Experience in a fast paced in-house or agency recruitment team delivering full life-cycle recruitment across a variety of disciplines ideally within an environment that is pro-active sourcing led
• Work in partnership with hiring managers and stakeholders to develop and build strong working relationships. You’ll be hands on in setting timescales and proactively managing the recruitment lifecycle to achieve SLAs
• Experience of interviewing and selection design
• Experience in the use of social media in recruitment and an awareness of the benefits that the digital world brings in terms of recruitment and a desire to explore this arena to support the recruitment strategy
• Customer centric approach in all recruitment activity
• Great time management / planning and organising skills
A bit about us…
The role of the HR function is to help the organisation deliver its corporate strategy and objectives by effectively managing people and performance.
We develop and deliver HR strategy initiatives to achieve business objectives. We help to shape the structure of the organisation by focussing on what keeps our colleagues engaged and productive. We have many roles that all have their own important part to play in the success of the function; from administrators to recruiters, trainers, business partners and reward managers. In each of these areas there are lots of projects you can get involved in alongside your day to day role.
HR is a rewarding and supportive team. We invest in our colleagues and are dedicated to your career development – many of HR colleagues have started in entry level roles and progressed onto senior leadership roles throughout the business.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Staff discount scheme
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions