Opportunity to be based in either Isle of Wight or Nottingham
As a Product Technologist, you will responsible for delivering formulation development through our 3rd party supplier base. You will support the delivery of the Brand 3-year plans by partnering with a diverse team of internal stakeholders and 3rd parties to ensure that our chosen formulations deliver against the consumer, category and brand requirements.
You will work in a team of technical experts to deliver the new formulation solutions for Liz Earle, within agreed time, cost and QSR standards.
About the opportunity
Reporting to a Formulation Manager you will have accountability for ensuring the performance and quality of the products you work on.
- You will use your technical expertise to support our third party product supplier base in delivering products to meet our briefs, specifications and brand guidelines.
- Use scientific knowledge to optimise the product brief and challenge thinking around and ingredient selection
- You will work with a cross functional team to define the project activity plan
- You will be accountable for availability, quality and accuracy of data and technical documentation
- You will conduct all necessary due diligence checks and be accountable for identifying and effectively managing formulation technical risks
- You will have technical experience in product development, ideally within the cosmetics category
- You will be confident in communicating with external suppliers and with internal stakeholders
- You will have a good understanding of the development processes
- You will have excellent project management skills and work collaboratively with a cross functional team
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
- A comprehensive onboarding programme
- Generous product discount
- Friends and family discount scheme
- Group Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days a year holiday
- Contributory pension scheme
- Monthly Liz Earle Goodie Box
Why Liz Earle:
Our great British beauty brand started life on the idyllic Isle of Wight back in 1995. Our co-founders, Liz Earle and Kim Buckland, paired their beauty business know-how and a passion for botanical ingredients, natural health and wellbeing to create a multi award-winning beauty range, which is today loved by millions. We are now a business of over 800 staff all over the UK.
From day one, our Precious Recipe – We Care More, We Never Settle, We Are One Team, has been at the heart of the business. It’s a collection of special ingredients that make us who we are, shaping every decision across the business, from our Customer Advisors to members of our Management Team. It’s because of these strong values that it’s important to us to find the best people with the right skills and the right attitude to help the business grow, working to continually delight our customers.
Liz Earle is now part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores worldwide and a network of over 440,000 colleagues. Our purpose is to help people live happier and healthier lives. We work alongside our No 7 Beauty Company Brands such as No7, Soap&Glory, Sleek, and YourGoodSkin and touch the lives of millions with our passionate, innovative and pioneering approach to Beauty and Healthcare.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions