Opticians Campaign Insight Analyst – Personalisation & Customer Data Science
12 MONTH FTC
The Personalisation and Customer Data Science team at Boots uses our world-renowned Advantage Card Data, along with other first party data sources to better understand our customers. Our aim is to turn insight into action, ensuring our marketing communications drive value for the business and feel highly personalised and relevant to the customer.
As an Opticians Campaign Insight Analyst, you will utilise the Boots Opticians patient data alongside Boots Advantage Card data to develop customer insights that inform the development and targeting of our personalised marketing communications.
Your role will involve analysing data from multiple sources to identify audiences for our marketing campaigns, building targeted campaign selections and working closely with stakeholders to help them understand the drivers behind campaign selections and performance. You will also be translating your findings effectively and presenting them to our business partners, providing insight that helps shape future strategies in order to improve what we do and drive commercial value.
• Partner with our Marketing and other teams to plan and deliver targeted communications across multiple channels
• Build and deliver timely and accurate campaign selections, demonstrating attention to detail
• Present high-impact, actionable analysis and recommendations to the business, ensuring these are used to drive performance and strategic decisions
• Interpret findings to create compelling insights and clearly explain these to people across the organisation of varied disciplines and levels
• Be the voice of the patient by championing a data-driven, customer led approach to decision making
• Seek opportunities to further improve and optimise our personalisation capability, contributing to the development of new insights, models, segmentations, reporting and channels.
Who we’re looking for:
Successful candidates will have a passion for our patients, personalisation and insight, strong problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate the story behind the data. You will be comfortable working collaboratively within a team and excited about taking on responsibility and ownership. We value drive, curiosity, enthusiasm and someone who isn’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
• Relevant previous experience or a degree with strong quantitative elements (i.e. includes statistics modules),
• Ability to translate business questions or challenges into analytical problems and use available data and tools to develop a scalable solution
• Strong verbal and written communication skills - you will be presenting complex results to less technical audiences, using data visualisation skills to make complex ideas easier to digest
• Strong attention to detail, with the drive to proactively investigate potential problems
• Ability to organise and prioritise your own workload
• Experience of collaborating with others to achieve shared team goals
• Ability to take a proactive approach towards your career development, always aiming for improvement and helping others to achieve their best
• Proficiency in a coding language such as SQL, R, Python etc.
• Experience with data visualisation tools such as PowerBI
• Experience of targeting, optimisation or measurement of Marketing activity, using Unica, Adobe campaign or similar
• Experience using relational databases
• Expertise in working with large structured and unstructured data sets
• An understanding of the principles and application of modelling techniques in a customer personalisation environment
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions