As Designer, you will be responsible for the design development of gifting collections across selected brands within our Retail Own Brand & Exclusives portfolio.
You will lead the end-to-end product design, creating compelling, consumer-led concepts and gift collections. You’ll react fast to changing product trends and consumer needs, identifying opportunities that add value to the business, while meeting customer needs better than ever before.
About the opportunity
Working closely with the product development team together you will bring your products to life in the most compelling way. You will also build strong relationships with the category & commercial teams & brand partners for our exclusive ranges to ensure your designs meet the needs of all stakeholders & most importantly, our customers.
- You will report to our Gift Senior Product Manager, supporting with the design direction for the total retail own brand & exclusive portfolio.
- You will work with our insight & trend teams to integrate macro & micro trends into products that suit the target customers for our brands.
- You will create print design development from initial trend concepts to commercial product ranges, including creating original surface pattern and print designs that can be utilised across a wide range of product categories mainly Gifting, Beauty & Personal Care and Accessories
- You will translate designs into print-ready artworks that follow category regulation and preparation guidelines of our various printing houses.
- You will work closely with Brand Guidelines (BVI) set out by our licensed brands and brand partners (where relevant)
Are you passionate about design? Do you challenge yourself to stay aware of beauty & gift trends?
In addition to the above, the following skills would be advantageous for the role of Gifting Design Manager:
- Excellent knowledge of our competitors and the wider beauty & gifting markets
- Experience leading and engaging others, by being a visionary and inspiring the wider product and category teams
- Experience in preparing and presenting design presentations to large audiences at all levels within the business, with external brand partners
- Experience creating full spec design briefs that follow brand guidelines and that are easily interpreted by our global supply base
- Confidence to shop independently or as part of the team, providing key competitor insight reports
- Excellent critical path and budget management
- Commercially aware and able to react accordingly to drive category performance for BUK and our Brand Partners
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions