At Boots we champion everyone’s right to feel good, and that includes our team members. This is fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed to engagement. In this hands-on and varied role, you’ll be shaping the engagement strategy and approach for Boots, UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer.
You’ll be a visible and active role-model for positive, inclusive, employee engagement. Listening deeply to team members and working with the business to build inspiring engagement plans. You’ll use external best practice in culture change and engagement to lead the thinking on engagement at Boots, ensuring that we are future focused & innovative.
• Leading company-wide engagement survey including both operational administration and maximising strategic value from the platform, the insight it generates and vendor relationships.
• Drawing on strong analytical, stakeholder engagement and project management skills, translates engagement insights into meaningful, prioritised plans, backed by evidence-based practice to enhance employee experience and drive business results.
• Utilises insights to shape and influence current plans or opportunities to drive engagement and connects them into a coherent approach. Orchestrates a company-wide engagement plan and executes that collaboratively with others e.g. internal communications, wellbeing leads, DEI leads.
• Advise and support business areas, business leaders and HR business partners with their local ambitions to drive employee engagement.
• Leading company-wide team member forums), supporting the forum with excellent organisation skills and ensuring team member feedback is acted upon. Partner forum representatives to support and enhance their roles.
• Identify opportunities to support the role of the leader in engagement e.g. drive engagement through better utilisation and understanding of engagement insights, enhanced training and development.
• Identify other team member data sources such as exit interviews, on-boarding surveys, pulse surveys etc. Collate findings and support the business to draw out insights and to developing an impactful engagement strategy for improvements ensuring actions are owned and driven by leaders and colleagues.
A bit about you…
• Passionate about team member engagement, able to shape engagement strategies/approaches across a complex and dynamic business.
• Understands and can navigate the complexities of large-scale change in a complex business.
• Can lead the thinking internally on the engagement agenda ensuring that we are future focused, understand external trends affective team member engagement and innovative.
• Confident deeply analysing and presenting qualitative and quantitative data, drawing out key engagement themes and presenting those in a clear, concise way for a wide audience.
• Experience of managing employee engagement survey (or similar platforms and multiple data sources/data base) and driving maximum value from employee engagement technology.
• You know how to build productive relationships, develop plans in collaboration, energising and mobilising others around the plan and work in partnership or through others to deliver.
• Confident working with and supporting leaders across the business to take meaningful action on their local engagement action plans.
• A skilled and inclusive facilitator, you’ll bring empathy, strong listening and organisation skills that you’ll utilise in your work with team member forums. You’ll role model positive, inclusive employee engagement and bring high levels of emotional intelligence to the role.
• Excellent communication skills, able to craft compelling narrative and use communications to connect the dots between multiple, mutually reinforcing engagement activities.
• Able to manage multiple deadlines and priorities, flexing to adapt to changing priorities as required.
• Bring a commercial mindset to align and prioritise engagement activity to drive positive organizational and business impact.
A bit about us…
The role of the HR function is to help the organisation deliver its corporate strategy and objectives by effectively managing people and performance.
We develop and deliver HR strategy initiatives to achieve business objectives. We help to shape the structure of the organisation by focussing on what keeps our colleagues engaged and productive. We have many roles that all have their own important part to play in the success of the function; from administrators to recruiters, trainers, business partners and reward managers. In each of these areas there are lots of projects you can get involved in alongside your day to day role.
HR is a rewarding and supportive team. We invest in our colleagues and are dedicated to your career development – many of HR colleagues have started in entry level roles and progressed onto senior leadership roles throughout the business.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions