We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Product/Project Manager to join our growing Global Data Analytics team based in Nottingham. This is a permanent role with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home or in our vibrant Boots head office in Nottingham. You’ll be supporting Boots UK ROI, No7 Beauty Company International Retail to digitise and transform their data into a cloud-based Data Analytics platform.
Do you thrive on continuous improvement and helping guide teams through process evolution? Do you like working as part of an enthusiastic and friendly team? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
- You'll be focused predominantly on product management within the Data Analytics environment.
- This role works closely with the Business Partnering team to clarify definitions of scope and data requirements and then oversees engagement with engineering delivery partners for effective implementation.
- You'll work closely with Platform Architects, Data Architects and the Engineering teams to define platform capabilities that are required to support the product implementation, e.g. encryption etc.
- You'll engage with multiple divisional teams across the IT landscape to oversee the transformation of data to the cloud platform as well as 3rd party engineering partners.
- You'll deliver several data projects at various stages of the delivery lifecycle at any one time.
- You'll work in a fast paced environment and be able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise not only your own deliveries but also those of your team.
- Experienced Product Manager/Product Owner/Project Manager ideally within a data and analytics / IT environment
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence and data warehousing /analytics technologies and design principles.
- Some experience of Business Analysis, understanding change prioritisation, elaboration and business impact analysis to keep projects on track to agreed milestones.
- Data Analysis experience, able to interpret information from a range of sources which will have an impact on the key features and capabilities that will be prioritised in a backlog.
- Fully familiar Agile and SCRUM frameworks with experience in all project lifecycles with waterfall methodologies.
- A good understanding of data security and privacy processes and policies
- Experience gathering requirements from a range of divisional stakeholders and communicating the roadmap through epics, features and user stories that are managed in the backlog.
- Experience of establishing a product stakeholder community, managing expectations when there are delivery challenges knowing when to escalate at the appropriate times.
- Assisting with quality assurance and testing efforts for releases and work with the QA team members to ensure appropriate testing is covered.
- Excellent communication skills, being able to make decisions often when there is a level of uncertainty, the ability to negotiate with the stakeholders and a good understanding of the softer people-focused characteristics that are essential for a successful product owner.
About Global Data Analytics Platform within WBA
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
Global Data and Analytics IT is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance that delivers Cloud based Data and Analytics Enterprise solutions to support WBA Divisions globally (Walgreens, Boots UK, Global Brands, International Retail etc).
We are looking for a number of gifted and dedicated team members to join the Solutions Delivery team. As a member of the team you will contribute to the delivery, of often leading-edge, solutions in an interesting and engaging environment.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of Global Data and Analytics IT, strengthen the continued success of the organisations future. In your role you will work with the Architects and Analysts to shape out a greenfield analytical environment hosted on Microsoft Azure.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
- *All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions