As part of the ambitious boots.com growth programme, a Dropship Manager is sought to support the management and growth of the overall drop ship and 3rd party propositions.
About the opportunity:
The boots.com Dropship is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team that is a key element of the Boots.com growth strategy. This team has significant visibility, support and investment. Dropship can also act as a test bed for new categories and trail/emerging brands. Allowing this team to be hugely entrepreneurial.
Dropship and 3rd party propositions (e.g. AO) will help to enable Boots to significantly grow its range and fulfill ever more of our customers’ health and beauty needs.
The role is required to act as building the seller list and on board those sellers.
This is a highly cross functional role reporting to the Senior Dropship Manager - Boots.com, working with teams across boots.com and the wider Boots business to create a great customer and supplier experience, as well as sustainable business processes to support long term growth.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Working with core business buying team and boots.com trading team to define a range extension strategy and seeking new opportunities to improve our efficiency with the tail of our range.
• Target future top sellers and subcategories through relevant acquisition channels
• Recruit sellers quickly and efficiently with a mastered sales pitch
• Develop strategic accounts and build loyalty: ensure the update of sellers catalog online, promote sellers offers into marketing mediums, analyze seller performances and provide training and recommendations
• Developing and keeping our seller on boarding process and pack relevant.
• Provide some sellers to the back-office, functional tools and to quality criteria support.
• Ensure accounts become fully developed and self-sufficient
• Drive business analysis and develop strategic recommendations to improve the product area’s turnover
• Lead the growth of a specific product area
• Drive the Boots Dropship to achieve aggressive revenue targets
• Responsible for all elements of the Dropship proposition and processes, working across boots.com and other departments to ensure all elements are operating properly and are optimized to drive performance and support growth – this includes financial processes, on-site search performance, content across the site and on off-site channels (e.g. social) to drive traffic, etc.
• 5+ years sales and management experience in a retail environment
• Experience of operating Dropship ideal
• Experience managing and growing a network of supplier relationships
• Engaging, with exceptional stakeholder management & communication skills – up to Executive level
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Prior business development experience preferred
• Passionate for the e-business sector
• Analytical and problem solver
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions