Assistant Commercial Manager
Reporting to the Commercial Manager of Global Supplier Partnerships, you will form part of the team responsible for global partnership value creation. In line with the company strategies and the evolving needs of the business and its customers, ensure that as things change, we are maximizing the benefits from any supplier partnership relationship. Maintain pace in delivering business expectations, whilst creating a strong foundational business and developing and owning new business models in order to deliver sustainable results.
About the opportunity
WBA Global Sourcing has a permanent opportunity for an experienced professional, to join the sourcing team and be part of our exciting global expansion. Reporting into the Commercial Manager, the Assistant Commercial Manager plays a key role in supporting Global Sourcing to deliver its key initiatives with its partner supplier in addition to the day to day governance of the contract.
- Supporting the Commercial Manager in delivering the joint business plan and business case realisation.
- Support global workstreams that will drive benefit for WBA and its partners, engaging senior team members to own the plans and deliver formal business updates as part of a rigorous governance process.
- Support the Commercial Manager in producing high level analytics of partnership commercials to develop detailed knowledge and improved business decisions.
- Leverage and share best practice, identify opportunities and govern business decisions linked to partnerships in order to maximize group profitability and value. Identify where the partnerships may leak value and ensure as a global business, we are setup to mitigate this.
- Collaborate across WBA to ensure we are identifying and maximising opportunity of partnerships across the group by seeking out new opportunities
- Ensure that all partnership agreements do not destabilise or put at risk the current business.
- Has strong commercial acumen and is a logical thinker with the ability solve complex problems.
- Degree level education is preferable but not essential, with experience in
- A driven, tenacious professional with a range of business experience in any of the following: Commercial, Partnerships, Sourcing, Operations and Supply, Business Development, Analytics or Finance.
- A strong cross functional player with excellent stakeholder management skills and communication skills.
- A strong communicator, written and spoken, with presentation skills desirable.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boots Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Why WBA Global Sourcing
Our sourcing team brings a broad and diverse range of products to life for our retailers, brands and most importantly, our customers.
Our global sourcing operation is the power behind WBA’s retailers and brands.
Our team of more than 400 people are located throughout Asia, the UK, Mexico and the U.S., putting us at the heart of the markets we serve and close to our suppliers. The combination of the team’s expertise and the breadth and diversity of our supplier base enables WBA Global Sourcing to bring to life an extraordinarily broad range of products from beauty and healthcare, to groceries and toys, with a specialty in the development of owned brand and consumer brand products.
With a razor-sharp focus on product quality, the Global Sourcing team supports delivery against our ambitious WBA sustainability targets through initiatives such as packaging reduction and the eradication of single-use plastic. We also reduce the volume of goods shipped around the world by manufacturing products locally in the regions where they will be sold. Critically, we ensure we only work with suppliers that consistently demonstrate compliance with our ethical sourcing requirements.
We're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions