Operational Efficiency Lead
We’re a world class, award-winning operation– ensuring that our customers have access to the right products at the right time in any of our stores across the UK.
If you’re ambitious, curious, numerate, love a process and can build great relationships with suppliers and stakeholders then Supply is a great place to develop your career.
Here at Boots we’re always on the lookout for great talent! We have exciting opportunities for a Planning Lead to join our Support Office Supply team based in Nottingham.
Our exciting and focused team vision is “A high performing, empowered team who through continuous improvement ensure the right stock is in the right place at the right time, enabling business goals and efficiencies”.
As a Efficiency Lead you will be sat in the Operational Efficiency team within Retail Supply, our team has accountability for the Supply elements of the property programme, delivering New Stores and supporting with closures and relocations giving a great opportunity to understand stores in more detail. We also own the supply relationship with Alliance Healthcare, where we supply Health & Beauty products to Alliance. We also support key strategic projects across supply chain and there will be lots of opportunities for development.
You’ll be building great relationships with supply teams, warehousing, distribution, trading and stores, working cross-functionally to be able to drive availability and control both stock budgets and operating cost
What’s it like working in Supply
In order to ensure that our customers look good and feel great, it is essential that our shops are well stocked throughout the year. This Supply teams are responsible for ensuring that we order the right products from our suppliers and then manage the supply of these products through the supply chain process from our warehouses into our shops, in the right quantities, on time or when our customer requires them.
Boots is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
• Delivery of the Supply elements of New Store Openings and Closures
• Support the Supply of Health & Beauty products to Alliance Healthcare
• Lead / Support projects
• Using facts and data to support delivery of your KPI’s
• Delivering day to day tasks that support team KPI’s with accuracy and pace
• Technical expert within functional team, using this knowledge to deliver and improve KPIs
• Continually looking for ways to improve your own and team performance/KPI’s.
• Working with respective stakeholders to improve and deliver KPI’S
• Develop and build relationships with key stakeholders/functions/suppliers, holding them to account to support team priorities
• Supporting and being part of their team, being an effective team member, embracing the vision and annual plan
• To develop relationships and communicate effectively throughout the supply chain with professionalism to sustain business performance
What we’re looking for
• Proven experience within a Supply Chain role is essential
• You must be analytical and organized, able to work and deliver at pace. Excellent attention to detail, using facts and data to make informed decisions.
• The ideal candidate will be process focused, have effective communication, and strong numerical skills. An ability to work with data models and advanced excel skills would be advantageous
• You must be proactive with a positive outlook and be able to demonstrate that you work well as part of a team and on your own initiative.
• Ability to make decisions and deliver the plan.
• Ability to influence and challenge, taking accountability for your KPI’s
• The role at times can be challenging, demanding and fast paced therefore you must have a flexible and adaptable approach to work, be able to manage expectations of your key stakeholders and prioritise workloads accordingly and when required.
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
• Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions