Welcome to the Boots Central Support Pharmacy team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more patients look to us for online fulfilment of their prescriptions.
As patients’ needs are changing, we are focusing on understanding and adapting to what our patients really require when making decisions about how they access and obtain their medication.
We’re making the most of our Boots.com platform to optimise the online prescription journey, drive growth and provide an experience for our patients that demonstrates our drive to provide an exemplary service for patients to easily manage their prescriptions. Exceptional patient-centered care is at the heart of everything we do and as a Pharmacy Advisor you’ll be part of helping patients feel good.
About the opportunity
Within Boots we have the role of Pharmacy Advisor and this is sometimes known as a Dispenser. As a Pharmacy Advisor working in the Boots Central Support Pharmacy you’ll be dispensing medication for patients who have placed an order via our Online Doctor service, as well as supporting other Pharmacy based operational projects.
This is a non-customer facing role within a fast paced environment and you’ll be a core member of the Pharmacy and Healthcare Team.
You will assist in the management of private prescription orders. Operational hours Monday–Saturday 7am-6pm Sunday 8am-4pm which will be reviewed as the service expands. 5 out of 7 days with rotating shift patterns. Weekends and Bank Holidays are required but consideration will be given across the team to manage fairly.
This is a great opportunity to develop your pharmacy career and make a difference to the lives of our patients.
• Using the Boots online platform to manage patients’ prescription orders.
• Delivering the technical aspects of the dispensary whilst ensuring the safe supply of medicines e.g. ordering medicines, labelling, dispensing, endorsing and preparation of orders for despatch.
• Complying with legal and professional requirements and accepted guidance on professional practice in Boots.
• Delivering efficient dispensary operations and ensuring dispensing losses are minimised.
• Undertake any other reasonable functions within the framework of the Pharmacy Advisor role as directed by the BCSP Operations Manager.
We have full time and part time positions available.
• Have a genuine passion for customer care.
• Dispense prescriptions with confidence and accuracy whilst remaining customer focused.
• Previous experience of working as a Pharmacy Advisor (Dispensing Assistant).
• Inspiring and Dynamic.
• Excellent attention to detail.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Boots has a commitment to our candidates and as such we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We have a defined list of preferred agency partners who may be invited to support us in sourcing candidates for particular roles.
We do not accept speculative and unsolicited CVs submitted to Boots contractors and employees by any means other than through our recruitment portal under instruction from the Boots Recruitment Team*
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions