IT Service Relationship Manager
Boots is the UK’s leading Pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever felt possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Boots IT offers exciting opportunities to work at the heart of the business, supporting and delivering technology critical to Boots performance.
The Business Service Manager is accountable for the IT Services provided by our internal and external teams, ensuring they are constantly improving and meeting the needs of our business.
The IT Service Relationship Manager is accountable for the IT services provided by our internal and external teams in our Regional Office in Weybridge, ensuring they are constantly improving and meeting the needs of our business.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Senior Service Relationship Manager, you will be taking a key role in the delivery of IT Services, by working closely with our business, and our partner teams, to understand the needs and priorities of the business, and ensure the services delivered meet those needs.
The role involves:
• Develop and leverage collaborative working relationships with your internal customers (including at a senior level) and IT service providers to ensure the IT services delivered meet the needs of the business.
• Act as an IT services expert and work closely with the business to ensure they are well supported by IT, and to build an understanding of their se of IT systems and services.
• Being proactive as well as reactive – ensuring incidents and unexpected situations are well handled, whilst looking to the future and ensuring effective risk management, compliance, and continuous service improvement.
• Managing relationships with a wide cross-section of stakeholders, ensuring clear communication, looking back at past performance, as well as in-the-moment communications in the event of a significant incident.
• Identifying and overseeing opportunities to improve services and reduce technical debt through careful prioritisation and allocation of IT maintenance funding.
• Input into the design of new and redesign of existing IT systems and services.
• Oversee the service delivered by partner organisations, conducting service reviews with platform owners using central SLA reporting.
• Represent the business end user functions for change management approvals
• Provide guidance and advice (business/customer lens) to support the resolution of Serious and Major Incidents.
• Local onsite support providing expertise in executive support, VC meetings and requirements for local specialist 1:1 interaction with business colleagues.
• Local onsite support for senior executives.
We are looking for…
• A proactive self-motivated leader who can juggle several activities and prioritise appropriately.
• A clear communicator, comfortable with working with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, and able to communicate effectively with technical IT professionals as well as business executives.
• A flexible, resilient professional who can remain calm and make sound decisions under pressure.
• Someone who has significant experience in IT service management in large enterprises.
• Someone who works well with others and experienced in working cross-functionally with a diverse range of people.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
• Access to our IT learning academy
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
As a member of the Global IT community you will work across the Walgreens Boots Alliance group including Boots UK & ROI, No7 Beauty Company, Walgreens & International Retail. You will be part of a global team who all share global objectives and strive to accomplish greater agility, efficiencies and IT modernisation to enhance our capabilities and offering.
WBA’s purpose is to help people around the world lead healthier and happier lives. As the largest retail pharmacy across the U.S. and Europe with more than 170 years of serving communities, we are constantly pushing the industry forward and being true to this purpose, caring for customers and patients every day. And that won’t ever change.
With our global technology partnerships and the combined talent of more than 450,000* people across more than 25 countries*, we’re able to provide seamless experiences for our customers and to stay at the forefront of healthcare delivery”
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions