We have 2 roles available:
1 Permanent, Part time 24 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 11am - 5:30pm)
1 Permanent, Part time 30 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 9:15 - 5:30pm)
PeoplePoint is part of the Employee Relations Team within HR Operations. Our team is passionate about providing excellent support for leaders across our stores, opticians, and support office, around the ER issues they face. We are a team of c16 ER Advisors working within a shared service environment. The majority of our contacts are via email and we handle an abundance of queries from line managers across our stores, opticians, support office and logistics.
With your practical experience of employee relations and policy legislation, you will contribute directly to Boots’ ambition to become the world’s best pharmacy-led, health and beauty retailer, with a reputation for legendary customer service.
• You’ll provide immediate ‘in the moment’ advice on a day-to-day basis that takes into account the very latest employment legislation.
• The cases you’ll handle will vary from disciplinary and grievance cases to performance and capability issues, ranging in degrees of complexity, from straight-forward return-to-work cases, to potential gross misconduct cases.
• With our aim of driving line manager capability you will use your coaching ability to effectively coach managers into making their own decisions.
• In addition to taking calls, you will also give some face to face advice to Support Office managers, as well as respond to email requests for information or advice.
• You will always strive to deliver the team’s high customer satisfaction targets with your focus on giving professional, friendly, and expert advice.
A bit about you…
• You will have experience of working in a similar or more generalist role, either way, you’ll have experience of the practical application of up-to-date employment law knowledge to a variety of employee relations issues.
• You must be comfortable giving immediate advice that is accurate, commercially focused, and often complex, to help line managers make the right decisions.
• You’ll be a strong communicator who’s able to build great relationships over the phone and get to the nub of the issue quickly.
• You’ll also be a strong influencer, able to get the right balance of coaching and persuasion into every call.
• It doesn’t matter if you haven’t worked in a shared service centre/contact centre environment before, however, you will need to be prepared for this type of environment
A bit about us…
The role of the HR function is to help the organization deliver its corporate strategy and objectives by effectively managing people and performance.
We develop and deliver HR strategy initiatives to achieve business objectives. We help to shape the structure of the organization by focusing on what keeps our colleagues engaged and productive. We have many roles that all have their own important part to play in the success of the function; from administrators to recruiters, trainers, business partners, and reward managers. In each of these areas, there are lots of projects you can get involved in alongside your day to day role.
HR is a rewarding and supportive team. We invest in our colleagues and are dedicated to your career development – many HR colleagues have started in entry-level roles and progressed onto senior leadership roles throughout the business.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UK's leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots. jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
• Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays, and more (the UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent, and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying, and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
• Access to a range of learning and development resources and programs
• Excellent onsite facilities including staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service, and excellent travel links including on-campus bus stops.
Our mission is to help everyone feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses, and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the center of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work-life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
Our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to discuss your application, answer any initial questions, and if successful, arrange an interview.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions