A fantastic opportunity for a qualified solicitor to join the Boots Legal team as a Commercial Lawyer. You will be joining a close-knit Best of the Best award-winning team, that has a varied global remit. As the Commercial Lawyer you are not limited to producing contracts but providing both strategic and commercial legal advice to all areas of the business.
• Provide commercial legal advice and support across Boots, No7 Beauty Company and other businesses on commercial matters. This includes working alongside a wide range of business areas in the UK and internationally including Procurement, Finance, Boots Trading, International Sales, Marketing, Ecommerce, IT, Logistics, Healthcare and Research & Development teams.
• Enhance awareness of potential legal issues throughout Walgreens Boots Alliance, enabling the business to grow and operate safely.
• High quality contract drafting and negotiation in relation to various types of agreements including (without limitation) brand partnerships, software licence and support, software as a service, IT professional services, consultancy services, HR services, marketing agency services, logistics, reseller and distribution agreements and trading matters.
• Ensure that any contractual arrangements accurately reflect the intentions of the business and that all significant risks are managed appropriately.
A bit about you…
• You should be a qualified solicitor or equivalent from another jurisdiction.
• You should have extensive experience of commercial law gained over at least 4+ years post qualification experience with sufficient technical and business experience to work autonomously in an in-house commercial law team.
• You should be someone who enjoys working on a wide variety of different types of commercial contracts, with experience of UK and especially international agreements.
• You should be an excellent communicator and able to build strong relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts at all levels.
A bit about us…
As trusted advisors, Legal deliver pragmatic and clear legal solutions in partnership with the business.
We help the business to grow safely while maintaining legal compliance. Our team provides advice and support on healthcare, corporate, commercial, property, employment and intellectual property law as well as trading standards, litigation and data protection. From Legal Executives to Data Protection Advisors and Paralegals, we have a mixture of legally qualified and support roles in our highly skilled and supportive team.
No matter what your specialism and as your skill and experience grows, the role will expand with you – leading you into new areas of challenge across the business.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2200 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary and car allowance
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions