Overview of the role:
Welcome to The B-Hive - based in three locations across the UK, the B-Hive network of studios create high-quality global content across Boots and No7 Beauty Company – at scale and pace. At the heart of our FY22 mission, The B-Hive will bring to life our ‘content publishing at scale’ vision.
We offer hybrid working and the role would be based out of our London B-Hive or Isle of Wight offices. The Lead Designer will support the Design Manager to deliver consistent and effective designs and ideation across a variety of media with the incumbent possessing robust digital experience and design skills, excellent attention to detail and accuracy, high-level creativity and the skill and experience to passionately and articulately communicate and present work cross-functionally across the business.
This role also requires high-level self-motivation and the ability to work to strict deadlines whilst under pressure.
About the opportunity:
• You will work very closely with our Design Manager, leading design collateral for various needs such as digital, print, instore, image retouching/manipulation, storyboards for animation and new concept development work etc.
• Be innovative and creative and able to follow brand identities. You will have a lot of responsibility and creative control on your given briefs
• Support the wider team to deliver against KPIs; CPA, speed to asset and asset quality, ensuring that all creative meets the brief, is on brand and produced to the highest standard.
• Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the beauty market and our brands.
• You will be a guide and mentor for more junior members of the team, willing to share knowledge and experience.
• A digital first designer with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role. A degree in Graphic Design or relevant subject is preferred
• Proven ability to work from brief to create high level concept work across multiple channels such as pack, print, digital, media etc.
• A memorable and original portfolio with pages including finished outcomes, conceptual thinking and sketch pages that show your creative thought process.
• Previous experience in designing for instore and packaging is a plus
• Enjoy being challenged by a versatile range of creative work with proven ability to problem solve and bring solutions to the table where required
• Proven communication and presentation skills in selling your ideas within your team.
• Ability to lead a team and inspire
Liz Earle Benefits:
• A comprehensive onboarding programme
• Generous product discount
• Friends and family discount scheme
• Group Life Assurance
• Cycle to work scheme
• 25 days a year holiday
• Contributory pension scheme
• Monthly Liz Earle Goodie Box
About No7 Beauty Company:
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek Make-Up and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions