WBA are seeking an experienced Business Information Security Officer (BISO) to join our growing Global InfoSec team within WBA. This is a permanent role with the flexibility to work from the comfort of your own home or in our vibrant Boots head office in Nottingham.
The BISO function has a critical role in helping ensure the delivery of InfoSec services that meet the business needs by delivering Information security oversight through a consistent approach and culture within the assigned business.
Reporting to the International ISO, the BISO performs as the Security subject-matter expert for the assigned business and serve as central point of contact for the business CIO in all information security matters. Further, they will assist in the Identification of critical areas of focus within the defined business which drives future investment plans and supports the execution of Information Security initiatives. The role may involve some travel, both nationally and internationally.
What you'll be doing
- Performs as the Security subject-matter expert for the assigned business(es), and serves as central point of contact for the CIOs
- Planning and support development of security roadmaps for key business and technical areas, balancing technology opportunities and business demand / requirements
- Coordinate with leaders across your support business unit on the tracking and remediation of security related items listed within their local risk register
- Maintain a strong understanding of the Business IT strategy, and overall security enterprise architecture direction and apply this knowledge to recommendations and security architecture within individual solutions
- Support the International ISO with divisional security budgets, three-year financial planning, and internal requisitions
- Leads on the development and delivery of information security metrics in support of senior management reporting
- Sponsor the delivery and consumption of globally delivered central security services across the international divisions
- Promote compliance of all WBA InfoSec related policies mandated throughout WBA, supporting policy communication, development, adherence, and importance.
- A broad and balanced understanding of InfoSec capabilities, methods, and technologies
- Strong ability to build relationships and work across IT and business functions
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders on the solutions for proposed initiatives
- You’re able to build an in-depth knowledge of processes / technology in area of business / specialism
- Experience of working in a team comprised of onshore and offshore resources
- Has ability to engage staff and peers in WBA company vision, champions our customers (internal as well as external as appropriate), Drives for results setting high personal standards and demanding the same of others. Demonstrates courage and willingness to anticipate and drive positive change. Has a restless desire to innovate and go further. Sets an example to others through actively leading for the WBA Vision, Purpose and Values.
About our team – Information Security within WBA
WBA is the world’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, approaching 10,000 stores in the US and thousands more internationally, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
Information Security is a cross divisional organization of Walgreens Boots Alliance, supporting WBA’s International Divisions (Walgreens, Boots UK, Global Brands, International Retail etc) with their security needs.
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the team, who can help to drive forward the security roadmap, support business units to ensure they are taking a security-first approach, and to ensure our business is protected.
You will be part of a conscientious, efficient, sociable team, and as a key member of Information Security, you will be a key part of the organisations continued future success.
- We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you (All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility)
- Competitive salary
- Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- Boots Pension Scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions