Fixed Term Contract / Secondment - 18 Months
The Healthcare Product Technologist will use technical project management and product delivery expertise to deliver to market global innovation opportunities to support the Boots UK growth ambition. The role holder will work within the Boots UK Product Delivery Team and lead the projects within the Health Categories (including, but not limited to Cough Cold, Mouth care, Ear care, Eye Care, Allergy & Seasonal) to meet brand product growth plans.
About the opportunity
The role holder will use technical and project management expertise to bring new opportunities to market and maintain existing products. Typically, accountable for delivery of 10-20 Innovation, NPD, renovation projects (each with a value of $100K - $2M) with a combined value of $50m. The role will report into the Technical Manager (L5) who will also support implementation of product development strategy for each Category, ensuring that products are maintained in line with global regulations.
Accountable for the co-ordination of all technical and project management aspects of end-to-end product delivery for the category product portfolio, including, but not limited to:
- Managing the planning and delivery of projects within the portfolio through the application of project management best practice including planning, governance, issue and risk management, change control, stakeholder management, utilization of systems, escalation and accurate up to date provision of project data and reporting
- Ensuring all projects are delivered via the appropriate development route according to the business strategy and that all project plans, briefs and key project documents are available on time and are appropriately specified to meet brand/customer/supply chain needs and meet business KPIs (time, cost, quality)
- Supporting the technical functional and Supplier relationship to ensure legislative compliance (safety screening, claims substantiation, freedom to practice, technical files, product specifications, artwork generation, technical product approval for release etc.)
- Responsible for timely engagement of all appropriate internal teams (e.g. technical, commercial, product, supply) and experts (e.g. regulatory for product registration) to ensure successful product delivery/market launch
- Conducting appropriate risk assessments for the product and managing risk throughout the project
- Excellent skills in project management, technical know-how, relationship development & management both internally and externally with a focus on product delivery
- 2+ years project management and / or consumer healthcare or pharmaceutical experience in technical or project management roles
- Good technical understanding of consumer healthcare categories
- Strong commercial acumen and proven track record of identifying the right opportunity, gaining business buy-in and converting this into commercial success
- Ability to communicate and manage risk to the business (inc. management of senior stakeholders) by balancing technical risk with business opportunity
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions