Business Analyst – Customer Platform Team
Our Customer platform team are looking for a dynamic Business Analyst to join us as we continue our journey to evolve the customer digital experience with Boots. We are looking for somebody who shares our passion for delivering change and innovation through people, processes and systems in order to meet the ever-evolving expectations of the customers and patients that engage with us digitally every day.
The role will involve working on a range of customer facing/impacting projects, spanning Digital Retail, Loyalty and Marketing Technology areas. The role will report to one of our Lead Business analysts and involves working in close collaboration with other team members, onshore and offshore technical teams and partners/third parties to deliver the Boots digital customer plan.
About the opportunity
As a Boots customer platform business analyst, you will
• Support the Lead Business Analyst in creating initial scope and requirements documents.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to define and support delivery of change for our stakeholders and ultimately our customers, across our digital platforms.
• Proactively liaise directly with both business and IT stakeholders, including product owners, solution architects and engineering teams, establishing strong working relationships with all parties.
• Create, refine and manage backlogs, with requirements broken down into Epics, Features and Stories.
• Create additional work-products as required, including ‘as-is’ process maps, non-functional requirements and other key scoping documents.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels in the business and within IT.
• Detail oriented, with a key focus on accuracy.
• Ability to manage your own time across multiple projects, meet committed deadlines and work independently without supervision.
• Ability to exercise good judgment.
• A willingness to adapt and learn.
• A team player with the ability to work well in a team environment, both physically and virtually.
• You will have significant experience of working as a business analyst within both agile and waterfall software delivery frameworks (with preference to the former).
• You will have experience of working alongside or as a proxy for a Product Owner/Product Manager.
• Although not essential you would also have experience in creating innovative and compelling solutions for customers in the retail and/or healthcare sectors.
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions