The team operates as a valued consultant to the business, working closely with Finance, Legal, Procurement, and Retail & Pharmacy Operation teams. We advise across a large, mature portfolio with significant opportunities to add and return value year-on-year. There’s always a commercial opportunity to consider and it’s the mix of pharmacy operations, location, premium beauty brands, retail operations, store configuration and operational costs to balance and ultimately deliver best value - that makes being a member of the Estates team an exciting opportunity to be a part of.
About the opportunity:
The role involves the management of all lease activity related to the Boots trading portfolio. This primarily covers Property Asset Management and Lease Advisory work to ensure lease compliance and reduce property costs.
• Managing a portfolio comprising retail stores together with sublet commercial and residential properties which produce a substantial rental income. You’ll also have the opportunity to get involved in lettings and delivering new income opportunities.
• Financially appraising and evaluating property transactions, preparing and presenting approval papers
• Assisting in the analysis of asset and space utilisation, providing key internal customers with detailed proposals and strategies for improvements including property cost savings and operational efficiencies to the business
• Negotiating the best commercial terms in the market on all aspects of property management and rental transactions
• Assisting in the preparation of the annual property budget and monitoring progress against it.
• Having autonomy for managing a diverse workload, including rent reviews & lease renewals, property management issues and dilapidations
• Being a great team player, building relationships with key internal customers and the external market to deliver business objectives
• Having a mindset of continual improvement in both tactical strategy and processes
• Assisting teams on business projects to deliver great results
• Managing the performance of external surveyors and lawyers to deliver on time and under budget
• You’ll have a degree in Real Estate and ideally be a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
• Able to work collaboratively as part of a team of professionals to deliver business objectives.
• Commercially aware, being analytical and use financial knowledge to bring an innovative approach to property solutions
• Good communicator, able to build effective relationships within the business and the external market
• Self-motivated and results driven to priorities and meet deadlines with a high level of integrity and trust
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Boots Pension Scheme
• 25 days holiday + bank holidays
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance, just speak to our Recruitment team to find out more.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions