Solution Architect - Healthcare
We are looking for a talented and dedicated individual to join the Healthcare IT Delivery team as a Solution Architect, designing and delivering creative solutions across multiple capabilities of our Healthcare business. We are seeking an individual who is adaptable and transferable with an ability to undertake a broader range of activities to capitalise the opportunities that will be available to them as we progress through our Healthcare digital transformation programme.
The Solution Architect works collaboratively with colleagues from the Business, IT and the wider Walgreens Boots Alliance group. As a Solution Architects you will define, develop and articulate solutions for projects to progress the Boots and WBA target architectures and roadmap. Ideally, candidates should have a technical background as they will be required to own solutions and assist in resolving design issues throughout the life of the project.
• The delivery of high-quality solution designs for the projects you are working on.
• Provide an open communication link between the Solution Delivery team, IT partners and the wider business to develop quality architecture deliverables and ensures the delivery of fit for purpose.
• Support the development of the roadmaps for the business and technology.
• Build & maintain a deep understanding of the Boots IT strategy, technology frameworks within IT and overall Enterprise Architecture direction.
• Ensure design governance is met within your area of responsibility and are produced on target
• Adhere to the Boots Enterprise Architecture method and tools
• Creation and ownership of key design decisions and present when required at enterprise design board.
• Oversee and review the Outline Designs, High Level Designs and Detailed Designs produced by other resources, partners and third parties.
• Ensure alignment of all solutions to relevant roadmaps and strategy
• Providing support to project managers and business analysts during the requirements gathering process, specifically the capture of non-functional requirements
A bit about you…
• Experience in solution design preferably including Java EE, .NET and Azure technology stack
• Expertise in crafting Architecture Assets for both waterfall and agile projects
• A broad and balanced understanding of IT capabilities, methods and technologies
• In-depth experience of design and development of IT Solutions ideally related, but not limited to Healthcare and Pharmacy, Patient Management Systems, Cloud Hosting (MS Azure), Web Services & Micro Services with an understanding of Security such as PCI & GDPR and customer facing technologies
• Experience with integration technologies such as Talend, Software AG, WMQ, Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Hub.
• Master Data Management (MDM) knowledge and experience
• Strong ability to build relationships and work across IT and business functions including at senior level
• Understanding of Architecture frameworks and use of modelling tools, with knowledge of enterprise integration patterns
• A working knowledge of Scaled Agile Framework or another agile methodology would be an advantage
A bit about us…
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office:
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions