Assistant Commercial Project Manager
Fixed Term Contract 12-18 Months
Want to be at the heart of the biggest transformational project in healthcare at Boots in recent memory? We have a ground-breaking plan to reinvent our healthcare customer experience, elevating our strengths and unlocking complete-care conversations. We are building a brand new team to develop and deliver this exciting plan, and would love for you to join us on this journey.
About the opportunity
Our team of Assistant Project Managers will be integral to the success of this project – working cross-functionally and bringing each individual’s unique knowledge and experience, we will lead the commercial & category teams through the process, manage the broad range of internal and external stakeholders, closely monitor the critical path and see the project through from trial to roll-out. No day will be the same as we move at pace and adapt to the next stage of the project, however you can expect to be accountable for:
- Working alongside the commercial manager to develop great relationships across the business and seeking to understand the varying risks and opportunities.
- Supporting in monitoring progress of the critical path and keeping key milestones on track
- Supporting in translating the key principles of the project onto our healthcare categories
- Contributing to developing the roll-out plan
- You will thrive working in a fast paced environment that requires you to be adaptable
- You will enjoy working cross-functionally and learning about different areas of the business
- You will be keen to share your experience, knowledge and skills in way that contributes to the success of a project
- You will love working as part of a team
- You will be resilient in the face of change, seeking to navigate new routes to success
We have a great range of benefits* that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
- Competitive holiday allowance (with the option to buy more days)
- Boots Retirement Savings Plan pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
- £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
- Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, holiday buying, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme offering free, independent and confidential counselling and support, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Generous staff discount (with enhanced discounts for Boots brands, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearingcare)
- Access to corporate third-party discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays and more (UK only)
- Access to the Boots Benevolent Fund, a registered charity that offers support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives, at times of financial hardship.
- Access to a range of learning and development resources and programmes
- Excellent onsite facilities including: staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, outdoor seating spaces, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links including on campus bus stops
Our mission is to help everyone to feel good. This starts internally – with every colleague and every team. In our stores and pharmacies, our warehouses and our Support Office, we work together, putting our customers first and our colleagues at the heart of everything we do. We aim to attract, develop and retain the best people, with a huge range of opportunities for you to continue to grow with us… just bring your passion and commitment and we’ll do the rest.
Diversity, equity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do in our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, passionate about embracing the diversity of our colleagues and providing a positive and inclusive working environment for all.
At Boots we're proud to offer our Support Office team members a hybrid working approach because how we work is central to our ability to compete, innovate and win together. Our hybrid, flexible approach to work is based upon empowerment, accountability, care and trust and includes a balanced mix of remote and office-based working.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You might also be interested in
Got a question?
Check out our FAQs on searching for jobs, applications, interviews and other commonly asked questions